Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Support For InControl Plug-Ins

All,

Wanted to let everyone know that we are in progress of upgrading both the InControl plug-ins for HomeSeer 3. This includes the InControl for Windows (Phone and Windows 8) and the InControl for Sage versions.

We have many new features planned as well after the initial HS3 compatible version is released. As we get closer to a beta I will post updates to this thread.

Thanks for your support of the plug-ins!!!

Really good to hear that InControl will be ported over to HS3.
    InControl is on the top of my "Must Have" plugin list.
    My wife and I both have Windows Phones and we own a Surface Pro tablet so this plugin/app really comes to good use here.
    Any sneak peeks on the new features you are talking about? And maybe even an ETA?

thanks again..

Martijn.

Comment

Release target for HS3 is Nov 20th, how are the Beta's comming?
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

The Windows Phone and Windows Apps are coming very good. Just waiting on the HomeSeer and Microsoft stores to do the items on their side.

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
        Release target for HS3 is Nov 20th, how are the Beta's comming?

Comment

Cool, looking forward to trying them out.

Comment

Any news on InControl for HS3? A release date maybe?

thanks in advance,

Martijn.

Comment

lamanmi, can you give us a status update on this one?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Comment

Martinisoft,

The initial beta release for HS3 for Windows Phone and Windows Store Apps is ready to go. The main hold up at this point is getting it into the HomeSeer updater. Its been in HomeSeer's queue for a few weeks now, however, it seems like we are close.....

Thanks for the continued interest!!!

Michael

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
                lamanmi, can you give us a status update on this one?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your followup.
                  A few days ago I noticed the updated Windows Phone APP in the market place, so that one is sorted out.. I will check the HS Updater regularly for the InControl HS plugin part.

Thanks again,

Martijn.

Comment

Not in Homeseer yet

Any news?

Comment

Thanks for your continued interest in InControl. No update yet, still waiting for the HomeSeer folks to load it into the updater/store for HS3.

As soon as its get out there or I get a target date, I'll let you know.

Originally posted by mpanarella View Post
                      Any news?

Comment

I took advantage of the 10% off sale and purchased the plugin from the HS3 store, however it's still not in the updater.

Comment

Thanks for your continued support of InControl.....I have not yet heard back from the HomeSeer folks about adding it to the Updater. I dropped them another line on the status yesterday.

In the mean time, I am attaching an updater_override.txt file. This will allow you to force the updater to see the InControl Updates. The technical details can be found here. However, the basic steps are below:

1. Shut down HomeSeer and back up your full system. This is a beta version and you SHOULD ONLY proceed if you are comfortable with restoring HomeSeer to its original state. (disclaimer).

2. Save the updater_override.txt file to your HomeSeer 3 Program Directory

3. Go to Plug-Ins / Manage

4. Click the Update Listing button

5. Expand Additional Interfaces and then Local Updates

6. Select InControl Server

7. Select one or both of InControl WinPhone or InControl WinStore depending upon if you would like to use the Windows Phone or Windows 8/RT client.

8. Click the Download and Install button

9. Enable the plug-ins

10. Delete or rename the updater_override.txt file from your HomeSeer 3 Directory

11. Download and install the WinStore and/or the WinPhone app on your device

Note, this is a very early version with only basic testing, but any feedback/comments are very welcome.

Thanks!

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                          I took advantage of the 10% off sale and purchased the plugin from the HS3 store, however it's still not in the updater.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I recieved the following from John at homeseer, Not sure what it means:

12/13/2013 5:37:46 PM

you

Any closer to being in the updater

12/16/2013 10:23:31 AM

HomeSeer

It will not be in the updater. It is a completely different application. -Jon

Comment

The email from Jon was a simple mistake. The programs are in the plugin manager now.

Comment

Working...
                              X