InControl on HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InControl on HS3

I loaded incontrol using the updates file located on another thread and connect successfully to HS3 using my lumia 925. I'm able to trigger events without any problems which is mostly what I use it for so a great big thank you!

I have noticed however that only my root zwave devices appear to get the incontrol tab. except some of my third party plugins, BLMedia player devices get the tab and so does restart. so I'm not able to control lights and thermostats directly.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Same here

I'm seeing a similar problem. I installed the plug-ins and the InControl tab does not show up on any of my Insteon devices. After reading @happnatious1 comments I decided to check some devices controlled by other 3rd party products. I found the InControl tab on the DirecTV devices, but it is not found for Insteon, DSC, and VWS devices.

I purchased the plug-in licenses (server, phone and Win 8), but was unable to activate. I assume this is due to the installing the plug-in through the side door vs. the Homeseer store.

Comment

I got my zwave thermostat working, I didnt have it set up right.

Comment

When modifiying a device that should have an incontrol tab but doesnt, the following is generated in the log:

Dec-19 9:09:07 AM Error Calling ConfigDevice in plugin InControl Server:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

I have the same issue here. Most of my devices do not show the Incontrol tab...

Comment

All,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry the InControl tab is not appearing for some devices. For this initial version I have limited the device types supported, however, now that it is in the Store and we are having more experience with HS3 I will start focusing on expanding/enhancing the tool.

The interaction from one plug-in to another for different device types can vary, so we may need to work through a few versions to get them just right.

Watch for a new version soon!!

Comment

Happnatious1,

I was able to partially duplicate the issue....certain device types do not seem to be responding properly to the HomeSeer commands. However, to further verify, some additional information would be very helpful. I added a new version of the "InControl Server" in the updater to 2.9.0.1. This version has some additional debug status. Wondering if you can try:

- Updating to the new version
              - Go to Plug-Ins/InControl Server/General Settings Menu
              - Change Log Level to 3 and be sure "Write to InControlHS.log File" IS Checked and Click Save
              - Go to the device where the InControl tab isn't appearing
              - Click on the "Advanced" tab - COPY the contents of the page (From Reference ID to Relationship Status)
              - Restart HomeSeer
              - Go to Plug-Ins/InControl Server/Device Listing Menu
              - Go to Plug-Ins/InControl Server/General Settings Menu
              - Change Log Level to 1 and click Save

Then please post:

- The contents of the Advanced tab for that device that did not have the InControl tab
              - Attach your InControlHS.log file (it is in your main HomeSeer directory)
              - Let me know if the "Device Listing" Menu showed any information

Thanks!

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
              When modifiying a device that should have an incontrol tab but doesnt, the following is generated in the log:

Dec-19 9:09:07 AM Error Calling ConfigDevice in plugin InControl Server:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

log file attached
                Attached Files

Comment

The device listing menu seems to show all my devices. There is a show in incontrol check box next to each however it can not be selected.

Comment

happnatious1,

Thanks! I believe I found the issue, the required images files were not included in the package. This should resolve the issue for "most" of the devices, however, I do suspect that we may run into others that still have issues as the HS3 device approach has changed.

Please update to InControl Server 2.9.0.2 in the HS3 Updater and try again. If you run into issues with a particular device, please use the above approach to capture the error message.

Thanks for your continued support.

log file attached

Comment

Yes, for now this was to help make sure InControl can access the devices. However, my future plans are to be able to have one screen to enable/disable devices for InControl without having to go into each device.

The device listing menu seems to show all my devices. There is a show in incontrol check box next to each however it can not be selected.

Comment

It looks like all my devices have an InControl Tab when running 2.9.0.2.
                        Looking very promissing so far.
                        One thing I did noticed is that I am unable to register the Server Plugin and Windows Phone plugin with the purchased license. Is there something wrong with my license codes or is licensing not implemented yet?

Martijn.

Comment

Great to hear!! The HomeSeer folks had a few starts/stops when getting the plug-ins into the store, so it is possible you purchased them when they were not fully configured. So for the first step, I would recommend you open a ticket with them to recreate your key.

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
                          It looks like all my devices have an InControl Tab when running 2.9.0.2.
                          Looking very promissing so far.
                          One thing I did noticed is that I am unable to register the Server Plugin and Windows Phone plugin with the purchased license. Is there something wrong with my license codes or is licensing not implemented yet?

Martijn.

Comment

They sent me a new license code when mine didnt work.

I have programed most of my devices and the only thing I cant get to work is custom icons.

Comment

Great. For the icons, which client are you using (Windows Phone/Windows Store)? Can you PM me your "InControl3.ini" and one of your custom icon files?

Thanks!

They sent me a new license code when mine didnt work.

I have programed most of my devices and the only thing I cant get to work is custom icons.

Comment

Working...
                              X