Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin: InControl Server Version 2.9.1.0 - For HS3 (Start Here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin: InControl Server Version 2.9.1.0 - For HS3 (Start Here)

Description:

I am pleased to announce that we have just released the initial version of InControl Server (For HS3). This plugin is the main server component for InControl that will enable the use of InControl Client Plugins for HS3. The initial clients supported for HS3 include:
    Each client plugin can be licensed separately, however will support any number of devices within that platform. For example, the InControl WinStore license will allow you to use InControl on both a Microsoft Surface and on your desktop computer running Windows 8 or greater.

Features (applicable to all Clients):
    • Provides an easy to use interface between HomeSeer and supported clients
    • Control and/or monitor any HomeSeer devices and events
    • Control and/or monitor any Supported Thermostats in HomeSeer
    • Secure connection via HomeSeer user id and password
    • Ability to access multiple HomeSeer Servers running Plug In
    • Ability to add custom graphics to your devices
    • Supports many HomeSeer device types (new ones will be added regularly)

Requirements:
    • HomeSeer 3.0 or higher
    • HomeSeer Server Network Accessibility to the Client

How To Install
    • Backup your HomeSeer Directory
    • Use the HomeSeer Updater to update/install the InControl Server
    • Configure the HomeSeer InControl options within a device in HomeSeer
    • Use the HomeSeer Updater to update/install the desired clients (i.e. WinStore or WinPhone)
    • Install the desired app on your Client through the Client's App Store or otherwise indicated
    • Configure Client with your HomeSeer URL, user id and password as indicated

Current HS3 Plugin Version Information:
    • InControl Server - 2.9.1.0
    • InControl WinStore - 1.0.0.0
    • InControl WinPhone - 1.0.0.0

• Enhancement Requests - Please post any enhancement ideas to this forum.
    • Defect Reports - Please post any bugs or issues to this thread or via PM message.

Version History:

2.9.1.0:
    • Functionality - Updated configuration capability within the devices

2.9.0.9:
    • Functionality - Initial version with Linux support

2.9.0.8:
    • Bug Fix - Minor bug fixes

2.9.0.7:
    • Bug Fix - Corrected issue where no results would be returned if no events exists
    • Functionality - Minor additions to the logging capability

2.9.0.6:
    • Bug Fix - Minor performance improvements for sending large number of devices to the app
    • Functionality - Added ability to extract devices for troubleshooting purposes
    • Functionality - Minor additions to the logging capability

2.9.0.5:
    • Bug Fix - Significant update to the method that InControl Server pulls status and control information from HS3 devices
    • Bug Fix - Corrects issues with status and control values being different

2.9.0.4:
    • Bug Fix - Corrected custom icon to now appear properly (NOTE requires app update to version 2.6)
    • Functionality - Added additional debug logging for thermostat and device control

2.9.0.3:
    • Bug Fix - Modified Thermostat settings to handle minimal capabilities

2.9.0.2:
    • Bug Fix - Include appropriate image files

2.9.0.1:
    • Functionality - Added capability to log entries to separate log file
    • Functionality - Added HomeSeer Device listing option (base for future functionality)
    • Functionality - Added additional debug logging to identify when InControl tab is not appearing

2.9.0.0:
    • Functionality - Initial version for HS3
    Last edited by lamanmi; May 18, 2016, 06:18 PM.

At the moment I am in the transition to HS3 and I am planning to be fully up and running the upcomming weekend leaving HS2 behind. I configured Incontrol for all my devices I want to be able to manage trough my Windows phone. Everything works fine exept for my thermostats. I used the Thermostat Configuration tab to configure my Thermostats and their capabilities (just temperature and setpoint). When I try to access a thermostat using Incontrol on my Phone I see "Loading" for a split second an then the complete Windows phone App closes down.
    The thermostats I use are the Horstmann HRT4-ZW.
    Any idea what could cause this issue?
    This worked fine in HS2 by the way..

thanks again...

Martijn.

Comment

Re: Plugin: InControl Server Version 2.9.0.2 BETA - For HS3 (Start Here)

Hello lamanmi,

Could you respond to my thermostat question?
      I'd really Like tot be able tot control them by phone.

Thanks again...

Martijn.

Comment

Martijn,

I believe I have found the issue (at least the HS side). The Thermostat configuration was expecting a minimum of Mode, Fan, Temp, and Heat SetPoint capabilities to be configured. As such the Windows Phone app was failing as only the two capabilities were set.

I have made some changes in the HS Plug-In (2.9.0.3). Please update to this newer version to determine if this solves the issue. Let me know if this helps.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, I also made changes to the Windows Phone App, which "may" be required and submitted the revised version to the Store. It typically takes a few days before appearing in the store. I will post an update once the new version is in the store.

Thanks for your support!

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
        At the moment I am in the transition to HS3 and I am planning to be fully up and running the upcomming weekend leaving HS2 behind. I configured Incontrol for all my devices I want to be able to manage trough my Windows phone. Everything works fine exept for my thermostats. I used the Thermostat Configuration tab to configure my Thermostats and their capabilities (just temperature and setpoint). When I try to access a thermostat using Incontrol on my Phone I see "Loading" for a split second an then the complete Windows phone App closes down.
        The thermostats I use are the Horstmann HRT4-ZW.
        Any idea what could cause this issue?
        This worked fine in HS2 by the way..

thanks again...

Martijn.

Comment

Any ideas on how to get the custom icons working?
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by lamanmi View Post
            Martijn,

I believe I have found the issue (at least the HS side). The Thermostat configuration was expecting a minimum of Mode, Fan, Temp, and Heat SetPoint capabilities to be configured. As such the Windows Phone app was failing as only the two capabilities were set.
            Many thanks for looking in to this one.
            I just updated de plugin and now I can open the thermotstat screens on my Phone. My Phone is showing items on the termostat screen that I configured <Not Used> (Mode and Fan) is this by design or should they disapear from the screen when they are not used? Maybe this is something that will be resolved by the windows Phone app update?

And I have one question about the way a user can change the setpoint using his Phone. At the moment you have to use + or - to change the setpoint. The problem is, that some thermostats (like mine) are battery powered devices that wake up on a configurable interval. My themostats wake up every 10 minutes. When I change the setpoint from 12 to 13 degrees by pressing the + button, Homeseer que's this new setpoint and waits until the thermostat wakes and then changes it in the thermostat and in the setpoint device value in Homeseer.
            The result is that everytime I change the setpoint using InControl, it reverts back to the last know setpoint until the thermostat wakes, then it it raised by one, because this was queued by Homeseer. (this was also the case in HS2)
            Would it be possible to display a dropdown list of values from for example 10 to 25 degrees when tapping on the current setpoint so one could directly select the desired setpoint? this way the correct value gets queued right away and fixes the problem of not beeing able to change the setpoint other than one degree every 10 minutes.
            If you could think of a better way doing this please let me know.

thanks for thinking with me on this one.

Martijn.

Comment

I was just thinking again about the setpoint issue.
              Maybe you could use the Setpoint Control Value instead of the Setpoint Device Value.
              The Control Value is the value that is queued and has the correct value right away. This would mean that using + and - would not be a problem.

Comment

After doing some more research I found that is not possible to change the setpoint using Incontrol at the moment. I assumed that the one degree setpoint change I talked about earlier would be queued but this is only the case in HS2. In HS3 it is not possible to change the " Setpoint Device Value". Changing the setpoint can only be done trough the " Setpoint Control Value".
                Could you modify the plugin so that it displays and controls the "Setpoint Control Value" When "Heat Setpoint" in InControl is mapped to it?

thanks again..

Martijn.

Comment

happnatious1,

I believe I found the issue with the custom icons. It will require updates to both the plug-in and the app. I will be releasing the app for submission to the store in the next day or so and it usually takes 3-5 days for publishing. I'll post updates when the new version is available.

Thanks for your continued support!

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post

Comment

The new version of the app (2.5) will correctly display only configured capabilities.

Thanks.

Many thanks for looking in to this one.
                    I just updated de plugin and now I can open the thermotstat screens on my Phone. My Phone is showing items on the termostat screen that I configured <Not Used> (Mode and Fan) is this by design or should they disapear from the screen when they are not used? Maybe this is something that will be resolved by the windows Phone app update?

Comment

The InControl plug in uses the "CAPI" control interface to activate controls within any device in HomeSeer. I am not familiar with your particular thermostat, when you say "Setpoint Control Value" vs. "Setpoint Device Value", are those two devices within HomeSeer? What interface are you using? Is it direct z-wave or another plug in?

To help, can you do the following:

- Send me a screenshot of your Heat Set Point Device (specifically the Status Graphics) tab.
                      - Update to the InControl Server Plugin (2.9.0.4)
                      - Go to the InControl Server / General Settings
                      - Set log level to 3 and check "Write to InControlHS.log File"
                      - Go to your device and send a temp up "+" command
                      - Then post the InControlHS.log (in the HomeSeer folder) file and your InControl3.Ini (in the Homeseer/config folder).
                      - To minimize log growth you should then reduce the log level to 0 or 1.

Thanks for your support!

After doing some more research I found that is not possible to change the setpoint using Incontrol at the moment. I assumed that the one degree setpoint change I talked about earlier would be queued but this is only the case in HS2. In HS3 it is not possible to change the " Setpoint Device Value". Changing the setpoint can only be done trough the " Setpoint Control Value".
                      Could you modify the plugin so that it displays and controls the "Setpoint Control Value" When "Heat Setpoint" in InControl is mapped to it?

thanks again..

Martijn.

Comment

I just sended you the requested information by E-mail.
                        Please let me know if more information is needed, I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks again,

Martijn.

Comment

The new version of the Windows Phone App (version 2.6) is now in the Microsoft Store (or should be in a few hours). Please update the both the latest version of the InControl Server plug in in HomeSeer and the Windows Phone App (version 2.6).

Once you do that, please try the custom icon again. Be sure to go into your InControl tab in HomeSeer, reselect the icon and click save to confirm it has the correct graphic.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

It looks like custom icons are working. However my thermostat isnt anymore. The Delete thermostat link in InControl settings thermostat configuration doesnt work, and the link in my phone only allows me to change the heating and cooling set points, the mode settings are now missing.
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I had to rewrite much of the InControl logic to work with HS3 in the way it stores the "status" and "control" of devices. Let's first try resetting up your Thermostat. To do this,

1. Back up your InControl3.ini section
                              2. Use Notepad to edit the file and remove all sections that start with [Therm...].
                              3. Go into the InControl/Thermostat configuration and reset your device.

If this doesn't work, please set the Log Level to 3 and enable the "Write to InControlHS.log File" setting. Then please recreate the issue on your device and send me the InControlHS.log

Sorry this caused an issue with your configuration.

It looks like custom icons are working. However my thermostat isnt anymore. The Delete thermostat link in InControl settings thermostat configuration doesnt work, and the link in my phone only allows me to change the heating and cooling set points, the mode settings are now missing.

Comment

Working...
                              X