X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App: InControl Universal - Version 1.1.8 (Win 10/Win 10 Mobile) For HS3

Description:

I am pleased to announce that we have released InControl Universal to the Windows 10/Windows 10 Mobile platform. This Universal App will work across all versions / devices supporting the Windows 10/Windows 10 Mobile platform. The InControl Universal App works with the InControl Server Plugin for HomeSeer to provides a real-time, interactive interface between your Microsoft Windows 10/Windows 10 Mobile device and HomeSeer. With InControl, you are provided with an easy to use, graphical interface to control and monitor any HomeSeer devices no matter where you are. See below for some screenshots.

Base Features (features included just by downloading the app):
    • Includes a demonstration mode to try the app without having to setup HomeSeer
    • Control and/or monitor any HomeSeer devices and events
    • Control and/or monitor any Supported Thermostats in HomeSeer
    • Secure connection via HomeSeer user id and password
    • Ability to add custom graphics to your devices
    • Supports Landscape and Portrait views
    • Demonstration of NEW InControl Universal functionality see below
    • Fully backward compatible with your existing InControl Server configuration (NO NEW PURCHASES REQUIRED)
    • Can be used simultaneously with the existing InControl WinStore or InControl WinPhone apps

Purchased Features - BETA (requires purchase of app within App Store):
    • Ability to create custom layouts/displays
    • Ability to add text, buttons, images, HomeSeer devices, web pages, etc to the display
    • Can be set to refresh any information based on your settings
    • Formula language to display custom information using HomeSeer devices
    • WATCH here for more information and documentation that will be coming soon

Licensing:
    • Requires HomeSeer InControl Server Plugin
    • Requires HomeSeer InControl WinStore App OR InControl WinPhone
    • Free/Trial Mode of App Fully Supports HomeSeer Functionality Found in Previous Apps
    • App Purchase required for use of new InControl Universal features

Requirements:
    • HomeSeer InControl Server plugin(and its requirements)
    • HomeSeer InControl WinStore OR HomeSeer InControl WinPhone plugin
    • Windows 10/Windows 10 Mobile operating system and compatible device

How To Install
    • Enhancement Requests - Please post any enhancement ideas to this forum.
    • Defect Reports - Please post any bugs or issues to this thread or via PM message.

Version History:

• Functionality - Initial Public Release
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lamanmi; May 18th, 2016, 07:04 PM.

Great to see the progress on this. I will be trying it out over the next couple of days.

Is there any chance that you could support live tiles and also some type of notification system? For example, if my garage door is left open, the message could be sent through InControl. Right now, I either need to send an email, text message or go through a few hoops to get push notifications working.

Comment

Great to hear, let me know how it goes.

I'll add both Live Tiles and Notifications to the list of potential enhancements.....

Originally posted by acromion View Post
      Great to see the progress on this. I will be trying it out over the next couple of days.

Is there any chance that you could support live tiles and also some type of notification system? For example, if my garage door is left open, the message could be sent through InControl. Right now, I either need to send an email, text message or go through a few hoops to get push notifications working.

Comment

I'm now running the Universal app and it is working very well. Thank you. The notifications would be really great!

Comment

Great to hear. I'll add the notification capability to the potential feature list.

Originally posted by acromion View Post
          I'm now running the Universal app and it is working very well. Thank you. The notifications would be really great!

Comment

You say there will be no new purchases if you already have paid for the plugins, but now the windows mobile App is gone and I'm only presented with the universal app and it wants me to pay 29.95.
            I'm not against paying for software, but when I tried it, it has no live tiles and doesn't look correct on windows mobile. I would like to use the old incontrol app until such time that the universal app can function as I like it too on my phone. Live tiles are very key to windows mobile and without that , I'm would not want to pay 29.95, to lose features.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Microsoft decided to unpublish the app without notificiation due to an updated age restrictions in their store. It has been republished and should be now visible in the store. Also, you can visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...l/9nblggh0jrvk from your phone to download.

Originally posted by surfnet View Post
              You say there will be no new purchases if you already have paid for the plugins, but now the windows mobile App is gone and I'm only presented with the universal app and it wants me to pay 29.95.
              I'm not against paying for software, but when I tried it, it has no live tiles and doesn't look correct on windows mobile. I would like to use the old incontrol app until such time that the universal app can function as I like it too on my phone. Live tiles are very key to windows mobile and without that , I'm would not want to pay 29.95, to lose features.

Comment

Working...
              X