Custom Icons in Hometroller Zee-S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Icons in Hometroller Zee-S2

I would like to create some custom icons for use in InControl (using the HS3 contemporary format). What is the best practice for going about this?

I am able to get into the controller using SCP and I have location what I think is the correct directory:

/usr/local/Homeseer/html/InControl/devices_images_custom/icons but I am not able to upload anything to that directory.

Hi Bebaldin,

Are you using the master user ID and password? The default, I believe is below.

login as: homeseer
    password: hsthsths3

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    I would like to create some custom icons for use in InControl (using the HS3 contemporary format). What is the best practice for going about this?

I am able to get into the controller using SCP and I have location what I think is the correct directory:

/usr/local/Homeseer/html/InControl/devices_images_custom/icons but I am not able to upload anything to that directory.

Comment

Yes - I did change the default password when I first set the controller up but that is the password I am using. Can get logged in and see everything normally and can get into most folders but can't do any uploading.

Comment

Hi Bebaldin,

Are you able to get to a terminal window? If so, these commands should help get you access. :

cd /usr/local/Homeseer/html
        sudo 777 -R InControl

It should prompt you for the master password

If that doesn't work and you are able to get a terminal window do these and past the results:

ls -l

I'll have to investigate if there is away for when the HomeSeer plugin installs to set the security of the directory properly on Linux and/or see if I can allow uploading directly from the HomeSeer plugin screens

Yes - I did change the default password when I first set the controller up but that is the password I am using. Can get logged in and see everything normally and can get into most folders but can't do any uploading.

Comment

Was able to get into the terminal just fine and change the directory to /usr/local/HomeSeer/html

The sudo command did not work with that syntax. It looks like the command has be sudo -D 777. The -R switch is not recognized so I am looking for a list of switches in the RasPI for sudo. The usage syntax shows:

sudo [-D level] -h | -K | -k | -V

There doesn't appear to be a -R parameter (-r is role)

Here is the output from ls -l

drwxr-sr-x 2 homeseer root 4096 Dec 31 1969 bin
          drwxr-sr-x 3 homeseer root 4096 May 25 09:53 css
          -rw-r--r-- 1 homeseer root 766 Nov 21 2014 favicon.ico
          -rw-r--r-- 1 homeseer root 1031 Nov 21 2014 Global.asax
          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 13739261 Jul 23 22:45 HomeSeerBackup_7_23_2016-22_45.zip
          drwxr-sr-x 4 root root 4096 May 25 10:11 hspi_ultraweatherwu3
          drwxr-sr-x 13 homeseer root 4096 May 25 10:11 images
          drwxr-sr-x 5 root root 4096 Jul 17 22:08 InControl
          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2098 Jan 17 2016 InControlUtil.aspx
          drwxr-sr-x 2 homeseer root 4096 Dec 31 1969 js
          drwxr-sr-x 2 homeseer root 4096 Dec 31 1969 jscolor
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 homeseer root 1295 Nov 21 2014 taildevices.htm
          -rw-r--r-- 1 homeseer root 944 Nov 21 2014 tail.htm
          -rw-r--r-- 1 homeseer root 299 Feb 26 2015 test1.aspx
          -rw-r--r-- 1 homeseer root 3277 Feb 26 2015 test.aspx
          drwxr-sr-x 2 homeseer root 4096 Nov 21 2014 Wave
          -rw-r--r-- 1 homeseer root 1450 Feb 26 2015 Web.Config
          drwxr-sr-x 2 homeseer root 4096 Dec 31 1969 X10
          drwxr-sr-x 5 homeseer root 4096 Dec 31 1969 Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by lamanmi View Post
            Hi Bebaldin,

Are you able to get to a terminal window? If so, these commands should help get you access. :

sudo 777 -R InControl

It should prompt you for the master password

If that doesn't work and you are able to get a terminal window do these and past the results:

ls -l
            I'll have to investigate if there is away for when the HomeSeer plugin installs to set the security of the directory properly on Linux and/or see if I can allow uploading directly from the HomeSeer plugin screens
            OK - I think I am getting somewhere. I issued the following command and got the InControl directory to rwx across the board:

sudo chmod 777 InControl
            cd InControl
            sudo chmod 777 device_images_custom
            cd device_images_custom
            sudo chmod 777 icons

This gave me permission to upload files into the icons directory. Not sure if this is all I need yet but I am going to make up a test icon and see if it works.

Comment

It worked!

Was able to upload the icons I made with the GIMP successfully into the custom icons folder using WinSCP.

GIMP does a great job of setting up the transparency layer for your icon. I took the basic 200x200 pixel contemporary icon, added a 50x50 padding around it, and then applied the alpha channel to make everything around the symbol transparent. Reduce the size back to 200x200 (so that the symbol does not fill the text or toggle area) and export as a PNG. Results were quite good:
              Attached Files

Comment

Great news, the your icon looks great!!

It worked!

Was able to upload the icons I made with the GIMP successfully into the custom icons folder using WinSCP.

GIMP does a great job of setting up the transparency layer for your icon. I took the basic 200x200 pixel contemporary icon, added a 50x50 padding around it, and then applied the alpha channel to make everything around the symbol transparent. Reduce the size back to 200x200 (so that the symbol does not fill the text or toggle area) and export as a PNG. Results were quite good:

Comment

Working...
                X