Weather Station Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post

The Observer IP module IS Compatible with the WS-2902. It is not required because the network connection (WiFi) is from the Display console. However you can use the Observer IP module with an external Hygrometer which "converts" the WS-2902 into a model WS-1600-IP see this help document:

https://ambientweather.net/help/what...el-ws-1600-ip/
    Interesting. Perhaps Ambient Weather should let their tech support know this as well! Also, the WS-2902 is not listed as being compatible on the ObserverIP's product page (see below).

I believe the WS-2902A is hit or miss. Seems people have great luck with the WiFi and others (Amazon Reviews) do not (such as was my case). I had this within ten feet of my Asus RT-AC88U router and it still dropped the connection after a few minutes of connecting.

If you would support the additional sensors that can be connected with the ObserverIP, I believe I may go that route with a 1002 model station. I would just use the console to display weather in the kitchen (and not rely on the WiFi connectivity).
    Ambient Weather ObserverIP Module for WS-0800, WS-0900, WS-1000, WS-1001, WS-1200, WS-1400 Weather Stations (sold separately) at AmbientWeather.com. Buy weather stations, wireless weather stations, emergency radios, barometers, hygrometers, lightning detectors, thermometers, wind and rain gauges.
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      With the above discussion of the ObserverIP module and realizing it will also work with the WS-1001, prompted me to order one. It seems that it will store data and provide for a local interface for the data, as well as posting to WU and Ambient. With John planning on attempting to grab the local data with the plug-in, it would eliminate Internet dependency. For the record, cloud based services are getting so much better. We have had 1 Internet outage this year, for a total of under an hour - hardly worth losing sleep over. Still, I would prefer a local option.

I’ll receive it Wednesday and get it installed as soon as I can.
      I would be very interested in seeing how this product works for you. I'll wait to order! Thanks (in advance) for testing!

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post

Interesting. Perhaps Ambient Weather should let their tech support know this as well! Also, the WS-2902 is not listed as being compatible on the ObserverIP's product page (see below).

I believe the WS-2902A is hit or miss. Seems people have great luck with the WiFi and others (Amazon Reviews) do not (such as was my case). I had this within ten feet of my Asus RT-AC88U router and it still dropped the connection after a few minutes of connecting.

If you would support the additional sensors that can be connected with the ObserverIP, I believe I may go that route with a 1002 model station. I would just use the console to display weather in the kitchen (and not rely on the WiFi connectivity).
        It does work and I've verified with my contacts at Ambient Weather. We'll know for 100% after I receive my WS-1401 which uses the Observer IP module. I'll test it with my WS-2902 and post results of connection and updating of sensors.

I've also ordered an external sensor to begin work on supporting those now that the Observer IP supports them. So no timeline/promises on availability but it is planned for.

Comment

A little off topic here, but I bought a WS-2902 a few months back and really like it.

But ever since then, my weather app on my Phone is hosed up. I've always used WeatherUnderground and now the app gives me an error saying "can't change location" or something like that. I've installed and uninstalled so many times now.

Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
            A little off topic here, but I bought a WS-2902 a few months back and really like it.

But ever since then, my weather app on my Phone is hosed up. I've always used WeatherUnderground and now the app gives me an error saying "can't change location" or something like that. I've installed and uninstalled so many times now.

Any tips?
            I stopped using anything WU related after they stopped the Free API access.

Comment

Hello all. been following this as I need a weather station. I just called Ambient to ask a few questions and was steered towards this: https://www.ambientweather.com/amws2000.html
              Its out this week and will support 8 sensors on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by 45rogue View Post
                Hello all. been following this as I need a weather station. I just called Ambient to ask a few questions and was steered towards this: https://www.ambientweather.com/amws2000.html
                Its out this week and will support 8 sensors on its own.
                INteresting product as you don't need the ObserverIP module to get the external sensor data.

It would be great, but I'm a bit concerned about the WiFi as I had a horrid experience with the 2902A recently in that regards (I'm looking into the ObserverIP with the 1002 unit).

Comment

OK, just ordered a WS-200 and extra temperature sensor. Will post status as I get it setup.

Well, updated. Just received the WS-200. Will have it installed this weekend. It's already working on the desk.... not a lot of wind or rain there.
                  Last edited by 45rogue; August 30th, 2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X