No announcement yet.

Davis VP2 in Omaha, NE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here have utilized Cumulus for many many years. That said note that the author of Cumulus is retiring.

Last update to Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017.

The last posted update works fine with an RPi.

I have tested using WeeWx with a Meteostick but yet have to change working on other stuff around here.

You can now integrate WeeWx with Mosquitto. See here ==> MQTT Python bindings
    Last edited by Pete; October 8th, 2018, 08:08 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

If anyone is interested in the weeWX adapted version of the weather34 template, you can find it at the link below courtesy of Ian Steeple. All support questions on this adapted version should be directed to Ian and not to Brian at weather34.

https://github.com/steepleian/weathe...-WeeWX-adapted

Here is my web site (https://weather.sathy.us) using this template. The additional benefit of this adapted template is the capability to display CanvasJS charts generated from native weeWX historical reports rather than a feed from the free Weather Underground API , which as many of you know is going away shortly.

Comment

Do you host the website yourself or is it hosted elsewhere?

Comment

I host it at home on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine running Apache 2.4. The VM runs on a VMware ESXi 6.5 server that also hosts another Ubuntu 18.04 VM with weeWX as well as other VMs. I chose to keep the web server separate from the weeWX server, but you can run both on the same physical server, VM or Raspberry Pi. You can host the web site on a hosting service but will have to get the periodic archive reports from weeWX to the web server. There is a mechanism in weeWX to do this with Rsync or FTP.

Comment

Attached is a general guide on integrating weeWX weather software with the weather34 web template and getting the weather data from a Davis Vantage Pro2 into HomeSeer HS3 via the Jon00 Cumulus script.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the document, has been very helpful. I can't change the format of the time outside of 24 hour
              Can the Nearby Metar pane be changed? There's nothing close to me here in the sticks
              Next up, homeseer integration, was a fun weekend mounting the units

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
                I can't change the format of the time outside of 24 hour
                I believe that's a bug in the template. I can't change it either even after selecting 12hr in the easyweather setup:

Can the Nearby Metar pane be changed? There's nothing close to me here in the sticks
                You can't change the METAR pane but can disable it with these choices in the easyweather setup:

Next up, homeseer integration
                Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X