Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Currently the Best Source for Weather Data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Currently the Best Source for Weather Data?

I would like to find a good way to get weather data into HS3. I had planned to use one of the WU plugins, but that solution is apparently on the way out. Are there other similar sources of community data with a plugin that I could use with HS3? I see ambientweather.net, but I can't tell if it allows for importing data generated by nearby stations.

I would like to use published data from nearby PWSs, but I will get a PWS of my own if that allows me to access a data source. I would like to have access to other data, since my yard does not really allow for use of a full PWS with anemometer.

I agree and feel for you. IBM has been buying up companies that have previously shared weather data for free. It seems that they are all going to fee based system.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post
      I would like to find a good way to get weather data into HS3. I had planned to use one of the WU plugins, but that solution is apparently on the way out. Are there other similar sources of community data with a plugin that I could use with HS3? I see ambientweather.net, but I can't tell if it allows for importing data generated by nearby stations.

I would like to use published data from nearby PWSs, but I will get a PWS of my own if that allows me to access a data source. I would like to have access to other data, since my yard does not really allow for use of a full PWS with anemometer.
      This is an interesting site for weather: https://openweathermap.org/

I wouldn't know how to integrate with HS, though.

Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Elliott
        That looks good. I'll sign up for the API & see what I can do.

Comment

openweathermap is one of the weather providers integrated into HS by mcsSprinklers.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            openweathermap is one of the weather providers integrated into HS by mcsSprinklers.
            How exactly is it integrated? Can you extract the weather data separately and use it to trigger events? Do you have to own the mcs device (if there is one)?

Comment

The sensors used for irrigation are placed in HS devices. These include temperature, humidity, rainfall, windspeed, solar radiation, Ultraviolet Index, 5 day rainfall forecast and current conditions icon. There is other info from the weather provider that is not exposed. There is no mcs device. They can be used to trigger events.

Comment

Here using Openweather shell extension for all of my Linux laptops. Works well. You just need to get an API which is free.

For WeatherXML using NOAA and weather station stuff.

- Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.00
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.00

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Hi, I'm too looking for openweathermap integration with HS. The mcsSprinklers plugin is $49 and is very costly to pool in weather data.

Any help on how to integrate thos Openweather shell extension with HS would be great. - thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Elliott
                    See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ed#post1252702

---
                    John

Comment

Working...
                    X