Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainwise IP-100-41 interface plugin candidate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainwise IP-100-41 interface plugin candidate.

This interface currently uploads to WeatherUnderground and PWS. I also have an AmbientWeather.net account but see no way to feed data from my logger to that site. I'm new to Homeseer (from the Vera platform) and trying to sort out my options here. I looked at the Ambient plugin and the UltraWeatherBug3 plugin (thought it said WeatherUnderground..oops) but no joy. I'd appreciate ideas.
    Thanks,
    Lou

I contacted ambientweather and this data logger/interface does not support data uploads to ambientweather.net. My Rainwise interface can access WU, PWS, CWOP and a few others. Guess I can just do a periodic json get of my local data, parse and display that. Not very elegant though and I'd prefer a logging solution. Still looking for alternate ideas.

Comment

For years I used the serial receiver for Rainwise to feed local data to Virtual Weather Station. There is a VWS plugin for Homeseer. I recently migrated to Weatherflow for my station hardware so am in the process of decommissioning Rainwise but it worked well for me for a very long time.

Comment

I used VWS quite a while ago when I kept a windows server up 24/7. Probably could still find the (hopelessly) outdated software and license, but I no longer keep a server up all the time. My IP-100 runs full time and keeps WU and PWS updated. I'll look at Weatherflow, but my latest Rainwise hardware is relatively new (3 or so years). My last RW station lasted 10 years and might have gone longer if I hadn't wanted to extend the range. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Weatherflow looks interesting but is it still in development? I read several older threads that suggest there were some problems. I like the UV and lightning strike sensors. I can put them on the Rainwise but just the UV module costs about what the Weatherflow package costs ($299??) per the website. Are you happy with yours?

Comment

Originally posted by lbusch1313 View Post
            Weatherflow looks interesting but is it still in development? I read several older threads that suggest there were some problems. I like the UV and lightning strike sensors. I can put them on the Rainwise but just the UV module costs about what the Weatherflow package costs ($299??) per the website. Are you happy with yours?
            Yes I like it for what i use it for which is mostly verbal warnings of weather events: lightning strike nearby, barometer falling (bad weather coming), rain starting, high winds, and wind chill/feels like temperature.

Comment

Looks interesting and there are even several near me. It would be my 3rd weather station though (Rainwise, Netatmo). I'm going to think about it anyway. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X