How to get outside temp and humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get outside temp and humidity

Does anyone know of a device that can provide outside temp and humidity that can then be read by HomeSeer? I use Proliphix tstats and they do allow for external probes; but do not support humidity. A network attached device or ELK M1G probe would be preferred.

I'm planning on installing a whole home air circulation system that draws fresh air from outside into the house. In order to do this automatically; I need to get an accurate outside temp and humidity reading so I can use this to cool or heat the house based on inside and outside temp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Bob

I'm using several Oregon sensors (THGR228N) and RFXCOM plugin.
    Works great.

Comment

Same here- Oregon wireless sensors with RFXCOM receiver/plugin
      HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
      64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
      Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

There are many ways to get this information into HomeSeer starting with a weather station. Then there's the previously mentioned wireless temp and humidity sensors, as well as scrapeing the data from a weather station that's near you from a site like weather underground.

Weather stations can be bought as low as $149.95 like this station:
        http://www.weathershack.com/la-cross.../ws-2316u.html

and can be interfaced to HomeSeer so you can base events off of realtime weather.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

The Temp08 units work very well too.

It's been awhile since I looked at the elk but doesn't that have a temp/humidity sensor that you can get for it?
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

I like the RFXCOM unit that is a TX & RX unit with a temp & humidity probe. Does HomeSeer allow for the purchase of the hardware and plugin on their website?

-Bob

Comment

as someone interested in doing the same...

the RFXCOM unit and wireless sensors are easy to setup and get working... and reliable?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                There are many ways to get this information into HomeSeer starting with a weather station. Then there's the previously mentioned wireless temp and humidity sensors, as well as scrapeing the data from a weather station that's near you from a site like weather underground.

Weather stations can be bought as low as $149.95 like this station:
                http://www.weathershack.com/la-cross.../ws-2316u.html

and can be interfaced to HomeSeer so you can base events off of realtime weather.
                Rupp,

Just curious... how do you interface these to HS?

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Adidas4275 View Post
                  as someone interested in doing the same...

the RFXCOM unit and wireless sensors are easy to setup and get working... and reliable?
                  I would say fairly reliable. I do occasionally get an RF collision or a mis-read every so often, but for the most part, they work well.
                  HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                  64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                  UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                  Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Rupp,

Just curious... how do you interface these to HS?

Robert
                    Are you asking how I interface my weather station? If so I use Weather Display which comes with some HomeSeer scripts that populate devices within the HomeSeer interface.
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Are you asking how I interface my weather station? If so I use Weather Display which comes with some HomeSeer scripts that populate devices within the HomeSeer interface.
                      So these weather stations transmit like an rfxcom/Oregon sensors? I thought these were just standalone devices...

Weather Display which comes with some HomeSeer scripts that populate devices within the HomeSeer interface.

Where can I find Weather Display?

Sorry not quite feeling like the sharpest pencil in the box here...
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                      X