X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• langenet
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Are you asking how I interface my weather station? If so I use Weather Display which comes with some HomeSeer scripts that populate devices within the HomeSeer interface.
    So these weather stations transmit like an rfxcom/Oregon sensors? I thought these were just standalone devices...

Weather Display which comes with some HomeSeer scripts that populate devices within the HomeSeer interface.

Where can I find Weather Display?

Sorry not quite feeling like the sharpest pencil in the box here...

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Rupp,

Just curious... how do you interface these to HS?

Robert
    Are you asking how I interface my weather station? If so I use Weather Display which comes with some HomeSeer scripts that populate devices within the HomeSeer interface.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Adidas4275 View Post
    as someone interested in doing the same...

the RFXCOM unit and wireless sensors are easy to setup and get working... and reliable?
    I would say fairly reliable. I do occasionally get an RF collision or a mis-read every so often, but for the most part, they work well.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    There are many ways to get this information into HomeSeer starting with a weather station. Then there's the previously mentioned wireless temp and humidity sensors, as well as scrapeing the data from a weather station that's near you from a site like weather underground.

Weather stations can be bought as low as $149.95 like this station:
    http://www.weathershack.com/la-cross.../ws-2316u.html

and can be interfaced to HomeSeer so you can base events off of realtime weather.
    Rupp,

Just curious... how do you interface these to HS?

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Adidas4275
    replied
    as someone interested in doing the same...

the RFXCOM unit and wireless sensors are easy to setup and get working... and reliable?

Leave a comment:

• iiidmaxer
    replied
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I like the RFXCOM unit that is a TX & RX unit with a temp & humidity probe. Does HomeSeer allow for the purchase of the hardware and plugin on their website?

-Bob

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    The Temp08 units work very well too.

It's been awhile since I looked at the elk but doesn't that have a temp/humidity sensor that you can get for it?

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    There are many ways to get this information into HomeSeer starting with a weather station. Then there's the previously mentioned wireless temp and humidity sensors, as well as scrapeing the data from a weather station that's near you from a site like weather underground.

Weather stations can be bought as low as $149.95 like this station:
    http://www.weathershack.com/la-cross.../ws-2316u.html

and can be interfaced to HomeSeer so you can base events off of realtime weather.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Same here- Oregon wireless sensors with RFXCOM receiver/plugin

Leave a comment:

• eole
    replied
    I'm using several Oregon sensors (THGR228N) and RFXCOM plugin.
    Works great.

Leave a comment:

• iiidmaxer
    started a topic How to get outside temp and humidity

How to get outside temp and humidity

Does anyone know of a device that can provide outside temp and humidity that can then be read by HomeSeer? I use Proliphix tstats and they do allow for external probes; but do not support humidity. A network attached device or ELK M1G probe would be preferred.

I'm planning on installing a whole home air circulation system that draws fresh air from outside into the house. In order to do this automatically; I need to get an accurate outside temp and humidity reading so I can use this to cool or heat the house based on inside and outside temp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Bob
Working...
X