Post features requests to this thread.

It would be great if you integrate the same config as ambient for the unit
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DF1679F4-9432-4D36-9AF9-A8D4B7F09EBF.jpeg
Views:	388
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1245445

Comment

Although metric is chosen, the information provided is in mmHg which is not the SI unit for atmospheric pressure. the SI unit is 'hpa' ..would be great if that were an option in the plugin. I have it chosen on the WS-2000 unit itself but that does not currently show up in the HS plugin field for either absolute or relative pressure. My request (from a Canadian in Massachusetts) would also be necessary to fulfill DonMor's request above.

Comment

Both requests are noted and on the list!

Comment

I would like to see "Rain Rate" included as a device. This would allow me to trigger events based on real-time rain at the location of the station (IF > 0) or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by EOppegaard View Post
            I would like to see "Rain Rate" included as a device. This would allow me to trigger events based on real-time rain at the location of the station (IF > 0) or something similar.
            Can you explain a little more? Currently there is a Rain Hourly,Daily,Monthly and some PWS provide a Yearly. Any of those can be used to trigger an event based on a custom value of greater than 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Can you explain a little more? Currently there is a Rain Hourly,Daily,Monthly and some PWS provide a Yearly. Any of those can be used to trigger an event based on a custom value of greater than 0.
              I may have mistaken the terms. Ideally, I would like to trigger events based off of it raining at the current moment. From a quick test, it seems that Hourly Rain Rate is updated quickly enough to trigger these with a custom value of greater than 0 as you mentioned. I will try this out!

Comment

How about adding support for the Ambient Weather moisture meters? I currently have a WS-1001 weather station that works fine, but I added another weather station, WS-8482, that I have 4 moisture meters attached to for measuring household plants. Everything works fine except the moisture meters...the plugin never picks them up. They're blank. They show up fine on ambient weather.net. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottHammet View Post
                  How about adding support for the Ambient Weather moisture meters? I currently have a WS-1001 weather station that works fine, but I added another weather station, WS-8482, that I have 4 moisture meters attached to for measuring household plants. Everything works fine except the moisture meters...the plugin never picks them up. They're blank. They show up fine on ambient weather.net. Thanks!
                  I currently don't have any of the moisture meters. I will have to get the necessary hardware pieces which may take a bit of time but if they are showing in Ambient Weather I should be able to add them.

Comment

It would be very handy to change the display of the wind direction. In place of say North-northwest I would like N-NW.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                      It would be very handy to change the display of the wind direction. In place of say North-northwest I would like N-NW.
                      You can modify the Status/Graphics tab in the devices to change the text.

Comment

I tried that but it still shows the full direction name in hstouch

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried that but it still shows the full direction name in hstouch

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
                          Does it change correctly in the Web Interface? I don't use HSTouch...

Comment

No, In the Device Management Display the Status still shows the full Wind Direction Name

Comment

No, In the Device Management Display the Status still shows the full Wind Direction Name

Hmm... I wonder if it's still updating the device string on the polling updates. I'll look into that during the upcoming updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X