This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Hmm... I wonder if it's still updating the device string on the polling updates. I'll look into that during the upcoming updates.
    Thanks

Another Feature I have been looking to replace that I had with the Weather Underground was pulling the Record Low and High Temperature for the date. Would that be something you could add to your plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post

Thanks

Another Feature I have been looking to replace that I had with the Weather Underground was pulling the Record Low and High Temperature for the date. Would that be something you could add to your plugin?
      Unfortunately no. Ambient Weather is all about your PWS data and is not providing the "Record Low/High" temps through their API. There may be a possibility of using another weather service with the PWS. I'll look into this as things are shifting a lot with the WU changes actually now hitting and settling.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Unfortunately no. Ambient Weather is all about your PWS data and is not providing the "Record Low/High" temps through their API. There may be a possibility of using another weather service with the PWS. I'll look into this as things are shifting a lot with the WU changes actually now hitting and settling.
        I tried going here https://w2.weather.gov/climate/index.php and I can use the webpage and get the data but I could not find an api to pull back the data automatically.

Comment

I tried going here https://w2.weather.gov/climate/index.php and I can use the webpage and get the data but I could not find an api to pull back the data automatically.
          Actually you could probably use jon00 webscraper script for that....

Comment

I would like to see a value for the high and low temperature of the day.
            Maybe the option to select WHICH values you would like to display a high/low of (eg, wind, humidity, indoor or outdoor temperature...)

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
              I would like to see a value for the high and low temperature of the day.
              Maybe the option to select WHICH values you would like to display a high/low of (eg, wind, humidity, indoor or outdoor temperature...)
              This would be a nice feature to have but I'm developed a workaround using events to do this same functionality. I created some Virtual devices for High and Low temperature and compare the current measured value to see if I need to update the daily High or Low value. Then at one minute after midnight I set both Daily High and Low value to current value.

Comment

Once I come up for air, I will look at adding that. Shouldn't be too hard The thing is the "low" may change during the day until it starts going up. We may have to all talk about the best way to handle it

Comment

I do something like that using the API from my WeatherFlow station. I have virtual devices for today, yesterday and year to date extremes for temperature and wind gusts. Interesting to look at occasionally. I also incorporate it into a a daily text sent to family members along with current conditions, short and long term forecast, nearest storm location, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	temps.png
Views:	286
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	1339495

--Barry

Comment

This would be a nice feature to have but I'm developed a workaround using events to do this same functionality. I created some Virtual devices for High and Low temperature and compare the current measured value to see if I need to update the daily High or Low value. Then at one minute after midnight I set both Daily High and Low value to current value.
                    I tried doing this, but how? I created a virtual device. I tried to create an event such that if the temperature changes and is less than that virtual device (Today's Low Temperature) then set the virtual device to the new temperature. But I don't see any way to compare 2 devices. It requests you enter a specific number into the event:

IF This device had its value set and is less than
                    AmbientWeather Temperature Outdoor is less than
                    There are 2 choices:
                    1. a custom value of: _____
                    2. is less than a value in the range... (value) F the value, using values from -40 to 149 is: _______

Comment

I'm using Spud's EasyTrigger to handle comparing two devices. Sorry, I guess have should have mentioned that in the original topic.

Comment

May have been posted somewhere already, so apologies if this is a duplicate request...

How about support for the WS-2000?

Comment

Originally posted by MitchInTexas View Post
                          How about support for the WS-2000?
                          Does it not work? Anything that uploads to the ambient weather .net site should already work.

Comment

Can we add forecasting that Ambient Weather now offers to the plugin?

Comment

First I have the Ambient Weather plug in and it's working great. Thank you for your work on this.

I recently bought the Wireless PM25 Air Quality Sensor. It doesn't come up in Homeseer. Is it possible to add support for this device?

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                                Can we add forecasting that Ambient Weather now offers to the plugin?
                                sirmeili +1 on this.
                                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                                Plugin's:
                                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X