Having Problems connecting locally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Problems connecting locally

I'm trying to setup my 1550 kit and I'm getting a local connection error threw the plugin (IP works fine to pop up my web UI) turned on debugging and looked at the logs and this is what it says. Any ideas?
    Sep-13 9:23:29 PM AmbientWeather Debug LocalUpdatePWSDevices Failed
    Sep-13 9:23:29 PM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Sep-13 9:23:29 PM AmbientWeather Debug Ambient Weather Updating
    Sep-13 9:23:13 PM AmbientWeather Debug LocalUpdatePWSDevices Failed
    Sep-13 9:23:13 PM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Sep-13 9:23:13 PM AmbientWeather Debug Ambient Weather Updating

If I remove my ObserverIP, IP address from the plugin settings then all my child devices update from the API key and it works threw the net. So I just have a plugin issue with local connection.

Comment

A problem has been identified and a fix is being tested with our test group.

The problem with some of the systems is they don't include the WS-1000-BTH module with the ObserverIP. This module provides the indoor temperature, humidity and rel/abs pressure readings to the ObserverIP module. This sensor is "standard" with all of the previous Ambient Weather IP series of PWS however with the hybrid that include the graphical display panel and the ObserverIP module they are not including the WS-1000-BTH as part of the "kit".

The fix we are putting in place will address the data retrieval from the ObserverIP when this module is not present. However make note without this module you will not receive the indoor temperature, humidity or pressure readings locally as they are not available on the ObserverIP module.

For a complete local package you must also have the WS-1000-BTH:

https://www.ambientweather.com/amws1000bth.html

Comment

Thanks for the update, I do not have that WS-1000-BTH. I have a zoned A/C system and have a Z-wave thermostat with humidity and temp readings in every bedroom and a common room. This data is already in HomeSeer. I have been thinking of monitoring addict temps (I live in So Cal. it's very hot in summer, but never freezing in winter where I live) to better control a powered fan and also wouldn't mind knowing detached garage temp. So i'm not opposed to adding more temp sensors.

With that said I was originally looking at the WH32B add on sensors when I ordered my kit. So my question is what is the difference between how these sensors connect and operate? Why do i need one over the other and If i want to monitor several places do they all need to be the same? Can you give me a quick run down please.

Let me know when a beta is released to test the local update without the WS-1000-BTH.

Thanks,
        JIM

Comment

I'm planning to release a beta sometime tonight.

The difference in the Sensors:

WS-1000-BTH is the standard indoor temp/humidity sensor for the Observer series of PWS's from Ambient Weather. It has always been in use with those systems and in conjunction with other systems to have data. The indoor temp/humidity is provided on "newer" systems by the Color Display Console. However that data is not available locally.

The WH32B and other sensors are the "Add-on Sensors" that are available for extra temp/humidity readings. You can add up to 8 of these sensors to an ObserverIP module and the Plugin does support all 8 of them. They will show up as "Sensor 1-8 / Humidity 1-8" in the Plugin whereas the WS-1000-BTH shows as the normal "Indoor Temperature/Humidity"

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
            I'm planning to release a beta sometime tonight.
            I'll keep my eyes out for it.

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
            The difference in the Sensors:

WS-1000-BTH is the standard indoor temp/humidity sensor for the Observer series of PWS's from Ambient Weather. It has always been in use with those systems and in conjunction with other systems to have data. The indoor temp/humidity is provided on "newer" systems by the Color Display Console. However that data is not available locally.

The WH32B and other sensors are the "Add-on Sensors" that are available for extra temp/humidity readings. You can add up to 8 of these sensors to an ObserverIP module and the Plugin does support all 8 of them. They will show up as "Sensor 1-8 / Humidity 1-8" in the Plugin whereas the WS-1000-BTH shows as the normal "Indoor Temperature/Humidity"
            So it sounds like both sensors will show up, and both will get me local data...... The WH32B is half the price of the WS-1000-BTH. So you saying there is no reason to buy the WH32B (unless I want the label of "Indoor Temperature/Humidity")?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

So it sounds like both sensors will show up, and both will get me local data...... The WH32B is half the price of the WS-1000-BTH. So you saying there is no reason to buy the WH32B (unless I want the label of "Indoor Temperature/Humidity")?

Thanks,
              Most people already have the WS-1000-BTH as it comes with Observer series PWS's and other PWS's that don't include a "display". So if you want the "full" local then it is needed.

However... for your purposes, if you don't care about the normal Abs/Rel pressure devices or the temp/humidity for "Indoor" devices then the WH32B would suit your needs fine. It's all about use case.

Comment

I pushed a release to the Beta section. This should fix the issues when not using the WS-1000-BTH along with the ObserverIP.

Note: There is a bug that was introduced along the way that will duplicate devices if you click the create devices again and again in the config page. I'll correct that soon. It probably won't be tonight though.

Comment

Thanks,
                  Just to be clear the WS-1000-BTH will report to the ObserverIP and can be read locally. The WH32B is only supported through the ambientweather.net web service. The WH32B cannot be read locally on the ObserverIP, it only forwards the readings to ambientweather.net. You can have a WS-1000-BTH and up to 8 WH32B remote transmitters. My WS-1001-WiFi came with one WS-1000-BTH and I have added several WH32B remotes for basement and bathroom humidity and temperature. The WS-1000-BTH is in the upstairs living area.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That is the info I was looking for, thanks for that.

Comment

All seems to be working good after that update. I am about to order a few more temp sensors to get some more data input into Homeseer, but I have a few more questions.

Does the F007TP sensor work with my ObserverIP? I'm thinking of using it to monitor saltwater fish tank temp in HomeSeer for alarm purposes. If not it there another sensor that would work for this?

I'm sure I wont have any issue with these but....
                      I was going to get one of the WS-1000-BTH for hallway temp
                      And two of the WH32B for attic and Garage temps.

Comment

You will have to call Ambient on the F007TP. It is 433 MHz and has 8 channels, so it seems it would work, but they do not list it as compatible with the ObseverIP.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks, I have sent them an email since they are not open on the weekends. I did see it doesnt list it, but new to this whole thing so unsure what connects to what.

Comment

I'm sure I wont have any issue with these but....
                            I was going to get one of the WS-1000-BTH for hallway temp
                            And two of the WH32B for attic and Garage temps.
                            The WS-1000-BTH is a standard sensor that comes with the Observer Series of PWS's by default and provides the Indoor Temperature/Humidity and Abs/Rel Pressure values.
                            The WH32 series also work and those are the "add-on sensors". You can have up to 8 of them.

Comment

Working...
                            X