Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellhahn
    replied
    You can connect Ambient Weather stations to PWSWeather.com now, though I don't know if that site offers forecasting either. I haven't done it myself, just seen it mentioned in the ambientweather.net dashboard.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    Only from your own.

Leave a comment:

• socalsharky
    replied
    If you have an Ambient PWS, do you get access to forecast data and data from nearby stations via ambientweather.net, or is that only used to save and retrieve data from your own PWS?

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Forecasting requires many more data points than from a single PWS. This is actually how WU became some popular is by sourcing the PWS's from millions out there and mining the data to have really good forecasting.

As for the Snow accumulation I've been thinking of that and trying to figure out if there's anything simple that could be used for this.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I kept the WU plug-in for forecasting and alerts. Our dish heater is powered on when temperatures are below 40F and snow is forecast. Our heating setback and recovery temperature and times are adjusted based on forecast overnight low temperature. Also the PWS has no way of reporting whether there was snow and how much accumulation. Most everything else we only need PWS data.

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    started a topic Foretasted high's and low's

Foretasted high's and low's

So I have been using the Weather Underground plugin and API..... Now that I have my own station and was thinking of cleaning house and removing the WU stuff since I have my own data locally. But there are several things I use that are not provided (like forecasted high for the day and such). I'm curious if you guys are using this info in your personal HS3 uses and are you running a script or another weather plugin to get this info? Basically should I keep WU plugin or what are my options?

Thanks,
Working...
X