Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS-2902-A

Good Morning,

I purchased the Simplex plug-in and ordered a WS-2907A.

Everything installed properly and the plug-in setup all the devices. Got API from Ambientweather.net. everything worked as expected.

Now for the past several weeks the devices fail to update and ambientweather.net shows it is not getting the updates.
    Router and network are fine the stations display module shows correct information. I can ping the device on the network and it responds as it should.

I have turned this thing every which way but loose and can not get it to work correctly.

Some things I have done:

Removed station from ambientweather and resubmitted. acquired new API. Updated the plugin settings with new API and updated devices.
    system starts to work properly.

Then stops. When it stops I can still see the weather station online on the local network and the remote sensors still report to the display.

I am lost and frustrated, any help will be welcome.

Thanks
    Ed

PS when it fails to update ambientweather the local device shows offline!

Originally posted by edwilloughby View Post
    Good Morning,

Now for the past several weeks the devices fail to update and ambientweather.net shows it is not getting the updates.
    Please clarify this part.

If the AmbientWeather.Net dashboard is NOT updating then the plugin won't either.

Comment

That is correct it is not updating

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Please clarify this part.

If the AmbientWeather.Net dashboard is NOT updating then the plugin won't either.
        That is correct. I know the devices are updated from the data on ambientweather. ambientweather.net is what is failing to get the updates from the WS. So not sure where to start.
        Thanks
        Ed

Comment

That is correct it is not updating
          If the system is not updating to AmbientWeather.Net that is not a Plugin issue. This is a communication issue from your "Display Console" not updating the AmbientWeather.Net service. Verify the Display console is configured correctly to update AmbientWeather.Net and you may have to contact the Ambient Weather support.

Comment

That is correct. I know the devices are updated from the data on ambientweather. ambientweather.net is what is failing to get the updates from the WS. So not sure where to start.
            Thanks
            Ed
            As John wrote this is not an issue with the plug-in. There are two very simple requirements for posting to ambientweather.net. First the ObserverIP must be able to connect to the Internet and be set to send updates. Once that happens it will begin sending updates to ambientweather.net at the chosen interval. The second thing that needs to happen is registering the MAC address of the ObserverIP with a personal account on ambientweather.net.

Are all the LEDs lit on the front of the ObserverIP? Does the MAC address on the ambientweather.net dashboard match the MAC address on the ObserverIP weather network page? Is the interval on the ObserverIP weather network page set to something other than no update?
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I don't think that @edwilloughby is using the ObserverIP module yet. I think this is stock with the "Color Display Console" being responsible for uploading the data to AmbientWeather.Net.

There are reports of the console (base station) that comes with the 2902-A (A specifically) having issues with WiFi connectivity. I would start with checking the Base Station Wifi settings and verify it is on the network. You may want to reboot the Base Station and remove batteries if it has them to ensure a full reboot. These devices are fussy and sometimes require a reboot as is prone with the ObserverIP module that mentioned.

If you continue having issues you will have to contact Ambient Weather Support. If they can't troubleshoot/fix the Console you may need a replacement.

Comment

I don't think that @edwilloughby is using the ObserverIP module yet. I think this is stock with the "Color Display Console" being responsible for uploading the data to AmbientWeather.Net.

There are reports of the console (base station) that comes with the 2902-A (A specifically) having issues with WiFi connectivity. I would start with checking the Base Station Wifi settings and verify it is on the network. You may want to reboot the Base Station and remove batteries if it has them to ensure a full reboot. These devices are fussy and sometimes require a reboot as is prone with the ObserverIP module that mentioned.

If you continue having issues you will have to contact Ambient Weather Support. If they can't troubleshoot/fix the Console you may need a replacement.
                Thanks

I have posted on the abbientweather support email. Lets hope I hear from them.

PS should I get the opserverIP module?

Comment

Thanks

I have posted on the abbientweather support email. Lets hope I hear from them.

PS should I get the opserverIP module?
                  That is entirely up to you. I will say we are working on something "new" and if you don't really really need the ObserverIP right now then I would wait a couple months.

Comment

That is entirely up to you. I will say we are working on something "new" and if you don't really really need the ObserverIP right now then I would wait a couple months.
                    Thanks for the help. I can wait! BTW had to do a factory reset and add it back to the network to get it to work.

Comment

Glad to hear it's online.

Comment

Ed, I am thinking of ordering this device and wonder what you thought about it and how well it worked with the plug in, I am not interested in sharing the data to start with but I want to use it for wind speed, raining, and UV detection in some of my homeseer events, Any feed back would be appreciated!

thanks
                        Billy

Comment

Working...
                        X