Some devices not populated....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

I don't know what I could have done wrong, except for the MAC address. The instructions were to "Input the weather station's MAC address." I did just that, should I have used the ObserverIP's MAC address instead or in addition to the display MAC address?

Yep. That was it. I added the ObserverIP to the dashboard and it's working.
    What version of the plugin are you running? I removed the MAC Address field from the later versions and only use the IP address. I would also suggest updating to the latest beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
      What version of the plugin are you running? I would also suggest updating to the latest beta.
      I am running Version 2.1.0.119, which, as far as I can tell, is the latest version.

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
      I removed the MAC Address field from the later versions and only use the IP address.
      While your PI only requires the IP address of the ObserverIP, unless the MAC address of the ObserverIP is filled in on the Ambient Weather "My Devices" page, no calculations come back from AmbientWeather.net. I did not have to change any configuration on your PI, I had to change the configuration on the AmbientWeather.net page.

At this point, what I am not clear on is whether I need to declare MAC addresses for BOTH the ObserverIP and the WS-2902A display unit on the AmbientWeather.net "My Devices" page. My confusion stems from the fact that it seems AmbientWeather.net instructions are for either the WS-2902A OR the ObserverIP, but nothing covering the if you have cobbled together the WS-1600-IP scenario, do this.....

For further explanation, I (1) opened the WS-2902A box and got the station working (and reporting). Once working, only then did I (2) install the ObserverIP. Once that was working, I (3) installed your PI. By then I had registered the "weather station" MAC address per manufacturer's instructions.
      So, at that point, having a MAC address accepted, I assumed none other were necessary. Obviously, that either (1) isn't so or (2) only the ObserverIP MAC address is needed and I probably need to delete the former.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
      2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

I am running Version 2.1.0.119, which, as far as I can tell, is the latest version.

While your PI only requires the IP address of the ObserverIP, unless the MAC address of the ObserverIP is filled in on the Ambient Weather "My Devices" page, no calculations come back from AmbientWeather.net. I did not have to change any configuration on your PI, I had to change the configuration on the AmbientWeather.net page.

At this point, what I am not clear on is whether I need to declare MAC addresses for BOTH the ObserverIP and the WS-2902A display unit on the AmbientWeather.net "My Devices" page. My confusion stems from the fact that it seems AmbientWeather.net instructions are for either the WS-2902A OR the ObserverIP, but nothing covering the if you have cobbled together the WS-1600-IP scenario, do this.....

For further explanation, I (1) opened the WS-2902A box and got the station working (and reporting). Once working, only then did I (2) install the ObserverIP. Once that was working, I (3) installed your PI. By then I had registered the "weather station" MAC address per manufacturer's instructions.
        So, at that point, having a MAC address accepted, I assumed none other were necessary. Obviously, that either (1) isn't so or (2) only the ObserverIP MAC address is needed and I probably need to delete the former.
        I do not document the setup of the PWS with AmbientWeather.Net.

A "normal" installation is a single PWS like the WS-2902 reporting to AmbientWeather.Net through the display console (that has to be configured) and the PI pulls data from AmbientWeather.net.

There are some instances where people want Local access to the weather data and not go through AmbientWeather.Net. This is when the ObserverIP module should be used. In this configuration no registration with AmbientWeather.Net is needed for Local Only operation.

Then there's the other use case of having the "add-on" sensor modules. The add-on sensors only connect to the ObserverIP module AND they only report the data through the ObserverIP module TO the AmbientWeather.Net service.

Comment

Working...
        X