X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by ZRadiooo View Post

Looking at getting a station but confused about how these things actually transfer information. I don't want to have to connect this to some outside server to to access the data. Just looking for a wifi option that can feed data to HS and host a local website that I can log into. I'm somewhat indifferent to having a dedicated display and but don't really want to have to rely on one needing to be on to be a communication hub, or am I screwed here?
    The devices communicate 900mhz band, the ObserverIP can push data to the cloud but can also be read directly by the plugin without any data leaving your network or going to any cloud. The display works the same way, just listens in on the 900mhz transmissions. You can have one or one hundred displays or ObserverIPs, they are just passive devices. The ObserverIPs local webpage isn't that pretty, but you can build something yourself with the data that gets into HomeSeer

Leave a comment:

• ZRadiooo
    replied
    Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Yes it does. I actually have one for development use.
    Looking at getting a station but confused about how these things actually transfer information. I don't want to have to connect this to some outside server to to access the data. Just looking for a wifi option that can feed data to HS and host a local website that I can log into. I'm somewhat indifferent to having a dedicated display and but don't really want to have to rely on one needing to be on to be a communication hub, or am I screwed here?

Is WS-1401-IP uses a base station that needs a LAN connection, WS-2902 is wifi but uses the tablet for hosting the data on the wifi network? Is that right? Why is the 1401 more expensive even though it doesn't come with the display? is the station better in some why? It looks different but the specs appear to be the same.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    Does the 1401-IP work with this PI?
    Yes it does. I actually have one for development use.

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Thanks. Ordered a 1550-IP.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Same here with the 1550-ip. However, I have a small issue with the observer lp setup in hybrid mode. John is aware of it...

Leave a comment:

• integlikewhoa
    replied
    I use the WS-1550-IP was under 100.00 and works great. I use my phone and homeseer devices for my local display.

https://www.ambientweather.com/amws1500.html

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
    I've been very pleased, thus far, with the Ambient Weather WS-2902A station and the ObserverIP add-on. I've not been able to get the AmbientWeather PI to work fully, but I'm hoping to see that fixed....

Something you might not have noticed is that WU is extending the life of the API for weather station owners that report to WU.
    What’s not working? Curious as I just set one of these up.

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Does the 1401-IP work with this PI?

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    I've been very pleased, thus far, with the Ambient Weather WS-2902A station and the ObserverIP add-on. I've not been able to get the AmbientWeather PI to work fully, but I'm hoping to see that fixed....

Something you might not have noticed is that WU is extending the life of the API for weather station owners that report to WU.

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    started a topic Curious as to what weather stations are being used

Curious as to what weather stations are being used

We have been using CFGuy’s weatherxml for some time but with the impending WUnderground discontinued API, we’re looking for an upgrade and would like our local weather.

What is the best basic weather station that this PI will support? We’re looking for wind, outside temperature and rainfall.

Thanks,
Working...
X