No announcement yet.

Ambient Weather plugin critical error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Ambient Weather, their explanation is described here http://ambientweather.net/help/the-o...-are-the-same/. The issue that I'm working with John is that when in hybrid mode (OberserverIP - that is), I only get the "feels like' temperature and not both the 'Temperature' and 'Feels like'. Once I deselect hybrid mode I do get both. Not a big deal for now...

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      According to Ambient Weather, their explanation is described here http://ambientweather.net/help/the-o...-are-the-same/. The issue that I'm working with John is that when in hybrid mode (OberserverIP - that is), I only get the "feels like' temperature and not both the 'Temperature' and 'Feels like'. Once I deselect hybrid mode I do get both. Not a big deal for now...

Robert
      Interesting, my takeaway from the link is, "If the temperature is below 40 degF, the feels like temperature is the same as the outdoor temperature when the wind speed is less than 5 mph." Yet, I would have assumed both would be reported. I've got the WS-1600-IP and I get temperature and feels like for both the indoor and outdoor locations..... Ambient documentation says that not all devices transmit all parameters, maybe the answer lies in that...
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

When the ObserverIP is not configured for hybrid mode they both report. I just got the unit and put it outside a couple of days ago. The wind has been almost zero since. So I'm waiting for higher winds to see what is reported. Taking the ObserverIP out (not in hybrid or local only) is my solution for now. I don't have any indoor sensors connected to the WS-1550-IP. I already have a reporting thermostat with humidity and about 5 Oregon sensors around the house for temperature.

Thanks for your input.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
        X