Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• langenet
    replied
    When the ObserverIP is not configured for hybrid mode they both report. I just got the unit and put it outside a couple of days ago. The wind has been almost zero since. So I'm waiting for higher winds to see what is reported. Taking the ObserverIP out (not in hybrid or local only) is my solution for now. I don't have any indoor sensors connected to the WS-1550-IP. I already have a reporting thermostat with humidity and about 5 Oregon sensors around the house for temperature.

Thanks for your input.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    According to Ambient Weather, their explanation is described here http://ambientweather.net/help/the-o...-are-the-same/. The issue that I'm working with John is that when in hybrid mode (OberserverIP - that is), I only get the "feels like' temperature and not both the 'Temperature' and 'Feels like'. Once I deselect hybrid mode I do get both. Not a big deal for now...

Robert
    Interesting, my takeaway from the link is, "If the temperature is below 40 degF, the feels like temperature is the same as the outdoor temperature when the wind speed is less than 5 mph." Yet, I would have assumed both would be reported. I've got the WS-1600-IP and I get temperature and feels like for both the indoor and outdoor locations..... Ambient documentation says that not all devices transmit all parameters, maybe the answer lies in that...

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    According to Ambient Weather, their explanation is described here http://ambientweather.net/help/the-o...-are-the-same/. The issue that I'm working with John is that when in hybrid mode (OberserverIP - that is), I only get the "feels like' temperature and not both the 'Temperature' and 'Feels like'. Once I deselect hybrid mode I do get both. Not a big deal for now...

Robert

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    I suppose they calculate it using Temperature and Relative Humidity. There are quite a few formulas and Wikipedia has a rundown on this. But, I think the bottom line is that at -12.3°C, even with a relative humidity of 79%, won't give you an answer. Some formulas will not calculate a feels like value for temperatures less than a certain value.

Note that the "feels like" value is calculated on the ambientweather.net server and just reported by the client software.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    If the AmbientWeather.Net dashboard shows the same values there's not much that can be done with that. I don't know what Ambient Weather uses to compute the feels like value. I would advise you to ask their support if that particular metric is important to you.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Sent you a PM as well. Looks like Ambient Weather dashboard shows both being the same as well.

Temperature -12.3°C
    Dew Point -15.2°C
    From Yesterday -4.1°C
    Feels Like -12.3°C

EDIT:

... and when you setup the Observer module for hybrid use, you only get the feels like temperature.
    Dec-10 9:00:08 AM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Dec-10 9:00:08 AM AmbientWeather Debug Update Feels Like: -10.2
    Dec-10 9:00:08 AM AmbientWeather Debug Update Rain Last: 129
    Dec-10 9:00:08 AM AmbientWeather Debug Update Dew Point: -15.0
    Dec-10 9:00:08 AM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Dec-10 9:00:08 AM AmbientWeather Debug AmbientWeather.Net Updating
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Speed: 1.1
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Gust Daily Max: 18.02
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Gust: 2.9
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Direction: 173
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update UV Index: 0
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Luminance: 4832
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Solar Radiation: 38.17
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Weekly: 0
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Yearly Rain Total: 0
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Monthly: 0
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Hourly: 0
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Daily: 0
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Humidity Outdoor: 67
    Dec-10 9:00:06 AM AmbientWeather Debug ObserverIP Updating

Robert

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    I'm sending you a PM with some further questions and a command.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    No problem. I have the WS-1550-IP as noted in the first post. This one does come with the Observer module. I don't have a display console...

Robert

Here's a shot when I access the Observer directly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ambient5.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1265525

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Now we have something....

1. Plugin is working and updating data from AmbientWeather.Net which is what it's supposed to do. This data will be the same as what is in the Dashboard when browsing from a computer as this is coming from their API and is not a web scrape or any hack or anything.

2. What PWS do you have? I ask because there are some models that actually have different keys in the API for the data. I've so far only ran across this once with the Yearly Rain.

3. I have to ask so don't be insulted. Do you REALLY have an ObserverIP Module? Or one of the Display Consoles? There has been confusion about this before and it went for days until it was realized that they did not in fact have an ObserverIP Module. If it has a screen it is not an OIP.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Looks like having the IP address specified causes the problem.

The second image shows debug after removing the IP address for the observerIP.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ambient3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	289.6 KB ID:	1265519

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ambient4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	270.7 KB ID:	1265520

dashboard.ambientweather.net/dashboard does show the outside temperature.

Not sure, but they seem to be the same -they update the same temp at the same time. I'll need to give that more time to be sure.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Interesting. Post screenshots of the plugin configuration and What PWS you have.

Do all devices updated if you disable the OIP? Just remove the IP address to disable it and check if devices are all updating from AmbientWeather.Net. That debug info would be interesting to see as well.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Running debug shows feels like temp but not temperature.

Dec-09 8:10:03 PM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Dec-09 8:10:03 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Speed: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:03 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Gust Daily Max: 32.51
    Dec-09 8:10:03 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Gust: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:03 PM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Dec-09 8:10:03 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Direction: 228
    Dec-09 8:10:03 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update UV Index: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Luminance: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Solar Radiation: 0.00
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Update Feels Like: -1.3
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Weekly: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Yearly Rain Total: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Monthly: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Update Rain Last: 129
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Hourly: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Daily: 0
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Humidity Outdoor: 74
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug Update Dew Point: -5.3
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug ObserverIP Updating
    Dec-09 8:10:02 PM AmbientWeather Debug AmbientWeather.Net Updating
    Dec-09 8:10:00 PM AmbientWeather Debug Connection Success.
    Dec-09 8:10:00 PM AmbientWeather Debug Connecting to AmbientWeather.Net...

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    This is what I assumed. I don't have the Local Only checked. But as you can see, the first section shows that the temperature hasn't changed since the last plugin restart - almost 3 hours ago. The second picture shows what the Live data is - which just updated to -1.2 after I took the screen snipit. The temperature is not updating at all. In fact the feels like seems to be the temp read from the ObserverIP. Again, just updated the device after I wrote this. So Temperature outside doesn't work. Going to the dashboard.ambientweather.net shows the temp as -1.2 C.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ambient2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.8 KB ID:	1265498

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Another issue I noticed is that the temperature in the device management page never updates and that the Temperature Feels like is in fact the temperature found in the live data of the ObserverIP module when in Hybrid mode - actually in any mode. Is this right?

Robert
    The "Feels Like" is a computed value only available from AmbientWeather.Net. Hybrid mode is automatic if you are using the ObserverIP and have the IP address filled in. Do NOT check the Local Only checkbox for Hybrid.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Another issue I noticed is that the temperature in the device management page never updates and that the Temperature Feels like is in fact the temperature found in the live data of the ObserverIP module when in Hybrid mode - actually in any mode. Is this right?

Robert

Leave a comment:

Working...
X