Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Database

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Database

    I have an older LaCrosse weather station that is working under WU but its wind speeds are very inaccurate above 20 mph. Now with free WU being phased out I'm considering other weather stations. I have been using WeatherXML plugin and what I like about it is the local database it creates with weather data. I create announcements when maximum wind gusts are over 20 mph over a one hour period and use the database for this. Does your plugin also create a local database for weather data that homeseer can access?

    #2
    If you are open to a plugin, i have one in beta called links that is for some simple device automation. What you are doing is a variation of what I do with my room motion sensors, you could

    Link the max wind device > 20 to a virtual device on control (see incoming tab below)
    Link the virtual device to itself to a 5 minute off timer, that is resettable (meaning another on will let it run another 5 minutes from that point) (see outgoing tab below)

    In your event say if virtual device has been on for an hour then...

    Today I don't have the > operator in the plugin, but Ive been meaning to, so if you are open to testing I'll prioritize adding it.

    Sorry if it doesn't answer the root question, but wanted to suggest a way of getting the result if the DB option isn't available.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 1.59.03 PM.png
Views:	66
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1279457
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 1.59.08 PM.png
Views:	66
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1279456

    Attached Files

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
      I have an older LaCrosse weather station that is working under WU but its wind speeds are very inaccurate above 20 mph. Now with free WU being phased out I'm considering other weather stations. I have been using WeatherXML plugin and what I like about it is the local database it creates with weather data. I create announcements when maximum wind gusts are over 20 mph over a one hour period and use the database for this. Does your plugin also create a local database for weather data that homeseer can access?
      The plugin does not create a database or store the information. There is a Max Wind Gust value that Ambient Weather provides. You could possibly use an event based on that value if it is greater than X for at least 1 hour....

      Comment


        #4
        If I could pull older data from Ambient using a script call I could get it to work using a script. Can your plugin pull older data?

        I found this on their API page:

        Data Timing

        The devices returned from the /devices endpoint contain a lastData parameter that contains the most up-to-date data we have for the device. Most devices update every minute, some update less frequently. The timestamps are rounded to the nearest minute.

        Queries for past data using the /devices/:macAddress endpoint are returned in 5 minute or 30 minute increments. There can be up to a 10 minute delay before the most recent data becomes available. If you need up-to-the-minute data please use the /devices endpoint or forthcomingrealtime API.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

          The plugin does not create a database or store the information. There is a Max Wind Gust value that Ambient Weather provides. You could possibly use an event based on that value if it is greater than X for at least 1 hour....
          My experience is that while this works great for things that move more linearly like the temperature, wind gust can go from a couple miles to 20mph and back numerous times over an hour. My impression is the poster is looking to see if its indeed a high wind day vs a single event (FWIW)

          Comment


            #6
            In reply... yes Weather is never linear.

            No this plugin does not pull historical data from Ambient Weather.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
              No this plugin does not pull historical data from Ambient Weather.
              Well that's disappointing. Is this something you might be willing to add as a script call in a future release?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

                Well that's disappointing. Is this something you might be willing to add as a script call in a future release?
                Other's are capturing the values in scripts and using them. I know rprade is doing something like this. There may be a possibility of adding more into this in the future.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I just use Jon00's excellent Database Charting program. I use his script and SKWare's Device History for all my charting. They each have their own strengths. Jon00's can be configured to chart on value change or on a schedule. Once you have the database entries, you can build any chart you want. I chart energy, motion, weather, temperatures, etc. I keep 30 days to a year depending on the source. These utilities do as well as anything John could build into the plug-in and provide the advantage of one stop shopping for all charts.

                  All of the Data for Jon's script is stored in a SQLite database.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image_75996.png Views:	1 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	1279553

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image_75998.png Views:	1 Size:	96.7 KB ID:	1279555

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image_75997.png Views:	1 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	1279554

                  For wind gusts we trigger announcements/Pushover messages from the wind gust data from the weather station.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.PNG Views:	1 Size:	44.2 KB ID:	1279558

                  I wonder if Jeff could pull data from HS devices into the WeatherXML database.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks rprade for the info. I knew there was already tools to do the charting and I hate duplicating existing functionality just for the sake of it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks Randy. Jon00s database program should do the trick. Looks like I will be getting a new Ambient weather station soon.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X