High CPU Usage - PC Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High CPU Usage - PC Crash

I started using the plugin about 2 weeks ago, and since then I have had 3 Blue Screens of Death, perhaps coincidental. But I am seeing large spikes in CPU usage by the plugin, every few minutes or so. It happens fast, but it seems to peg the CPU to 100% occasionally. I'm using a Hometroller S6, Win 7, 4 GB ram, HS3 3.0.500, plugin 2.1.0.34. Anybody else seeing this? Any suggestions?
    Mark

Hometroller S6 w/ HS3Pro, Way2Call
    BLAB8SS, BL Backup, Easy Trigger, HSTouch, Open Sprinkler, SONOS, Ultra1Wire3, UltraM1G, WeatherXML, Z-Wave

I don't know what kind of CPU is in the S6.

CPU does spike during updating of the data from Ambient Weather and updating HS3 devices. The spike is generally 2-3 seconds of course depending on CPU speed. The occurance of the spikes is determined by your polling interval setup in the configuration screen. Anything less than 1 minute is useless as the data is not updated on the Ambient Weather site.

I highly recommend you update to the Beta version as well. That version is actually more stable and I need to push it out of the Beta section.

Comment

I thought those spikes might be data updates. Maybe when those spikes coincide with another spike it crashes. Windows event log tells me nothing. I have also noticed Chrome spiking to 100% CPU - no idea why. Anyway, I am disabling all recently new plugins to see which one might be the issue. Thanks.
      Mark

Hometroller S6 w/ HS3Pro, Way2Call
      BLAB8SS, BL Backup, Easy Trigger, HSTouch, Open Sprinkler, SONOS, Ultra1Wire3, UltraM1G, WeatherXML, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
      X