A bit confused with these results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit confused with these results

Curious if anyone has seen this - I get a persistent error in the log, but i am also getting good data......

I am getting the following error in my log after attempting to setup my WS-0900-IP for local only data:

Local ObserverIP Scale information retrieval failed: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(Exceptio nArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlNodeCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.LocalUpdateWeather()

However, I do seem to be getting good values:
    Mar-25 12:25:06 PM AmbientWeather Debug -------------------------------------------------
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Speed: 4.0
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Gust Daily Max: 22.8
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Gust: 8.1
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Wind Direction: 308
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Temperature Outdoor: 41.9
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Temperature Indoor: 70.9
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Weekly: 0.02
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Yearly Rain Total: 1.82
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Monthly: 1.41
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Hourly: 0.00
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Rain Daily: 0.01
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Humidity Outdoor: 42
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Humidity Indoor: 33
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Pressure (Rel): 25.03
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug Local Update Barometric Pressure (Abs): 22.46
    Mar-25 12:25:05 PM AmbientWeather Debug ObserverIP Updating

I'm going to assume the WS-0900-IP uses the external Observer IP Module for the data upload and for the plugin connection right? Otherwise I'm not sure what you are connecting to.

If that is the case then go to the OIP web interface and check your Scale values that are configured. Defaults should work fine, but I also don't know what firmware of the OIP you are running so there may be something either missing or something new?

Comment

The station does not transmit any data to any external server other than weather undergound. I gave the plugin the IP of the weather station on my network. If I go to that IP with my web browser i see the following attached screens (sorry - can't figure out how to embed them). The PI seems to be scraping data from the "Live Data" tab just fine - just wish i didn't get that error too - i alert on HS errors.....

Comment

Go to the "Station Settings" item in the OIP web page.

There's a section "Units of Measure" there. That is what the plugin is scraping for setting the measurements in the plugin.

I also see you are running version 4.4 of the OIP firmware. This is not tested and is an older firmware. I would recommend upgrading.

Comment

Thanks - I upgraded the firmware from 4.4.4 to 4.5.6 (latest version) and the error went away. Appreciate the quick responses.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Woah... just noticed that i can now add extra sensors to the unit. Will the plugin pick these up in local mode? The sensors are $8 on ambient weather's site - I have been paying upwards of $45 for zwave multisensors just to get temperature readings from different rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
                Woah... just noticed that i can now add extra sensors to the unit. Will the plugin pick these up in local mode? The sensors are $8 on ambient weather's site - I have been paying upwards of $45 for zwave multisensors just to get temperature readings from different rooms.
                They do not work in local mode. They only work with the AmbientWeather.Net API connection.

Ambient Weather is funny that way. The add-on sensors only work with -> report to the OIP module but then the data is only available through the AmbientWeather.Net site. However if you enable the OIP to upload to AmbientWeather.Net then yes you can use those add-on sensors. Many do.

Comment

OK - thanks again. That's too bad - i cannot rely on the internet for temperature readings.

Comment

Working...
                  X