Ambient Weather OIP Firmware Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambient Weather OIP Firmware Updates

In the latest firmware release for the Observer IP Module they have included battery readings for the add-on sensors. In addition to the new battery values a new PM2.5 sensor has also been added. I don't have full details on either of the new features but as I learn more I will work on integrating them into the plugin.

How do you get the latest firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
      How do you get the latest firmware?
      Downloaded it from the website

https://www.ambientweather.com/wswsfiup.html

Comment

Does it help with the memory leak?
        Michael

Comment

Dunno yet. Nothing in the release notes about it. Mentioned a freeze from a previous release being fixed. I installed it tonight and we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
            Dunno yet. Nothing in the release notes about it. Mentioned a freeze from a previous release being fixed. I installed it tonight and we'll see.
            Oh thank god, I had my unit freezing multiple times a day and support claimed they never heard of that (had to put it on the POE switch with a ping watchdog. Hope its the same issue!). Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

Oh thank god, I had my unit freezing multiple times a day and support claimed they never heard of that (had to put it on the POE switch with a ping watchdog. Hope its the same issue!). Thanks for the link, much appreciated.
              How frequently are you polling the OIP? I've noticed that the more frequent the faster it would freeze in the past. I set mine to 30 seconds today for testing so I'll see how long it runs that way before it freezes.

Comment

How frequently are you polling the OIP? I've noticed that the more frequent the faster it would freeze in the past. I set mine to 30 seconds today for testing so I'll see how long it runs that way before it freezes.
                2 minutes. On latest firmware would freeze up within 2-12 hours after reboot...

Comment

I'm noticing the same issues. I was on older firmware like 4.4.7 or earlier polling at 1min and I never had a freeze up but have seen the posts about them. After i moved to 4.5.6 I had issues less then a day later and had to reboot it. Even when it works I'm now seeing alot of errors in the logs. Just last night I have a bunch of these. Does anyone have older ObserverIP firmware so I can roll back?
                  Mar-28 11:58:19 PM AmbientWeather ERROR Local ObserverIP Scale information retrieval failed: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(Exceptio nArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlNodeCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.LocalUpdateWeather()
                  Mar-28 11:56:15 PM AmbientWeather ERROR Local ObserverIP Scale information retrieval failed: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer() at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd() at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlDocument.Load(TextReader reader) at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.Get(Uri uri, String method, String path, HtmlDocument doc, IWebProxy proxy, ICredentials creds) at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.LoadUrl(Uri uri, String method, WebProxy proxy, NetworkCredential creds) at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.Load(Uri uri, String method) at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.Load(String url) at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.LocalUpdateWeather()
                  Mar-28 11:39:04 PM AmbientWeather ERROR Local ObserverIP Scale information retrieval failed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.LocalUpdateWeather()

Comment

Not sure what to tell you. I ran for a day at 30 seconds with no problems. I then changed to 1 minute and I've been running for several days with no problem at all. Did you follow the instructions of resetting the OIP after the firmware install?

Comment

Did you follow the instructions of resetting the OIP after the firmware install?
                      Probley not, but I have power cycled it and used the reboot in the web UI on more then one occasion now since it keeps freezing up and or throwing errors and acting slow when accessing it via its IP address and web UI.

Do you think that restarting it later has caused some type of problem then right after the upgrade? Today when I get home I'll try reinstalling the same firmware again and then rebooting right after and post back after a day if it doesn't do it.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

Probley not, but I have power cycled it and used the reboot in the web UI on more then one occasion now since it keeps freezing up and or throwing errors and acting slow when accessing it via its IP address and web UI.

Do you think that restarting it later has caused some type of problem then right after the upgrade? Today when I get home I'll try reinstalling the same firmware again and then rebooting right after and post back after a day if it doesn't do it.

Thanks,
                        With the OIP and their firmware it's hard for me to say. If the web page is running slow that's a sign of it having a problem.

Comment

If the web page is running slow that's a sign of it having a problem.
                          Yeah I figured that was why I have errors in your plugin. Probley timeout issues.

A reboot from the web UI in OIP speeds everything up again and Im testing but will probley be fine for 24hours before it starts to slow and throw errors in the plugin again.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                            Yeah I figured that was why I have errors in your plugin. Probley timeout issues.

A reboot from the web UI in OIP speeds everything up again and Im testing but will probley be fine for 24hours before it starts to slow and throw errors in the plugin again.
                            I still find it interesting as the time interval of the OIP failures for different people tends to vary wildly... If I use a really low polling it will crash quickly, if I use a moderate of 30 seconds or greater then I can run for days without issue and then I hear from others that within 24 hours their unit crashes. Seems like there's a wide spread of possible hardware differences or firmware version differences to have such a spread in behavior of the OIP crashing.... interesting....

Comment

Working...
                            X