ObserverIP Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ObserverIP Reboot

Is there a command or way to reboot the ObserverIP modual nightly via Http? I know there is a reboot button in the Web UI I'm hoping I could set an event to run that every night.

PS. No I don't have an extra Z-wave Outlet at this time but I know that's an option I might go down the road.

Thanks,

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Is there a command or way to reboot the ObserverIP modual nightly via Http? I know there is a reboot button in the Web UI I'm hoping I could set an event to run that every night.

PS. No I don't have an extra Z-wave Outlet at this time but I know that's an option I might go down the road.

Thanks,
    Yes use a z-wave outlet to power cycle.

There is currently nothing setup within the plugin to perform the reboot. It may get added in a new release but it is not there now.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
      Yes use a z-wave outlet to power cycle.
      Well, I distinctly said I don't have one.

There is currently nothing setup within the plugin to perform the reboot.
      I don't need it to be in the plugin (but that would be nice), but I do need to know if Ambient Weather has a working http command for that. Would you know that or if you can request one?

Thanks,

Comment

Well, I distinctly said I don't have one.

I don't need it to be in the plugin (but that would be nice), but I do need to know if Ambient Weather has a working http command for that. Would you know that or if you can request one?

Thanks,
        Let me look into it.

Comment

There is, Im traveling but ping me on Saturday and Ill look it up. Otherwise go into the OIP UI and find the reboot button, its literally just a HTTP get (no post data needed)

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
            There is, Im traveling but ping me on Saturday and Ill look it up. Otherwise go into the OIP UI and find the reboot button, its literally just a HTTP get (no post data needed)
            There's the button in the browser yes. It's just a matter of figuring out the correct http url structure to call... as I have time I'll try and figure it out, or if someone else does great. I've also sent Ambient Weather a request asking for the direct URL hoping save time.

Comment

It would be a nice addition to the plugin. To have the plugin work correctly with my WS-1550-IP in local mode only would be even better...
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                It would be a nice addition to the plugin. To have the plugin work correctly with my WS-1550-IP in local mode only would be even better...
                LOL... yeah it would be nice... but the plugin works fine it's the OIP module that has the issue. I hear the WeatherFlow plugin and system works well?

Comment

There's the button in the browser yes. It's just a matter of figuring out the correct http url structure to call... as I have time I'll try and figure it out, or if someone else does great. I've also sent Ambient Weather a request asking for the direct URL hoping save time.
                  Yes this would be great thanks for looking into it. I know it's nothing with you plugin so please don't think I'm blaming you on anything. I'm hoping an OIP firmware will fix it sometime, but for now having a HS event call an HTTP reboot command every night at say midnight should temporarily fix all my issues. I have to much automation based on day/night and temps based on this plugin/weather data to have this fail. Which it has started doing now that I upgraded OIP firmware.

Again not a plugin problem.

Comment

Yes this would be great thanks for looking into it. I know it's nothing with you plugin so please don't think I'm blaming you on anything. I'm hoping an OIP firmware will fix it sometime, but for now having a HS event call an HTTP reboot command every night at say midnight should temporarily fix all my issues. I have to much automation based on day/night and temps based on this plugin/weather data to have this fail. Which it has started doing now that I upgraded OIP firmware.

Again not a plugin problem.
                    Here's the problem I see with the HTTP reboot.... if the OIP is frozen then the HTTP call WILL NOT work...... the method most people have been using is a z-wave plug to do a power cycle as if the OIP is frozen then NO http call is working which is also the cause of the plugin not working.....

Comment

Here's the problem I see with the HTTP reboot.... if the OIP is frozen then the HTTP call WILL NOT work...... the method most people have been using is a z-wave plug to do a power cycle as if the OIP is frozen then NO http call is working which is also the cause of the plugin not working.....
                      I completely understand that. My intention is to run an event every night before the OIP quits responding rather then waiting for a no response then cycling the power. I understand this is not ideal (the OIP shouldn't need to be rebooted at all), but this could start working today for no cost. Ordering a Z-wave outlet would take me a few days to get and cost me as much as a OIP does. I'm still going to test the firmware upgrade again, then I'm going to try to find over firmware to roll back also. Having more options is only to my advantage.

Comment

I completely understand that. My intention is to run an event every night before the OIP quits responding rather then waiting for a no response then cycling the power. I understand this is not ideal (the OIP shouldn't need to be rebooted at all), but this could start working today for no cost. Ordering a Z-wave outlet would take me a few days to get and cost me as much as a OIP does. I'm still going to test the firmware upgrade again, then I'm going to try to find over firmware to roll back also. Having more options is only to my advantage.
                        Preemptive strike!

Comment

The following is the URL that will initiate a reboot of the OIP:

HTML Code:
                          http://IP_ADDRESS/msgreboot.htm
                          A standard GET call to this will start the reboot.

Comment

Thanks,

I'll test it out.

Comment

The following is the URL that will initiate a reboot of the OIP:

HTML Code:
                              http://IP_ADDRESS/msgreboot.htm
                              A standard GET call to this will start the reboot.
                              I put this in a script that runs every night at 11:57 PM. So far so good........

Comment

Working...
                              X