Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I've installed the plug-in, but I can't get it to create new devices. If I try to access the config page, it locks up HS3 and I have to restart. My station is reporting to Ambient, and I have entered my API key and selected the Floor & Room for Location 1 & 2. The default "Select Devices to Display" are checked. The Plugins page show it is running okay (V 2.1.0.34) with HS V3.0.0.528. The only other plugins are ISYInsteon, and RFXCOM.

From the start-up log:

6/2019 9:00:34 AM ~!~AmbientWeather~!~Not Starting Local ObserverIP Server
    4/16/2019 9:00:34 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin AmbientWeather started successfully in 165 milliseconds
    4/16/2019 9:00:35 AM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~AmbientWeather loaded in 345 milliseconds
    4/16/2019 9:00:35 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in AmbientWeather

Here are a few of the log errors:
    Apr-16 2:12:20 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Apr-16 2:11:50 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Apr-16 2:11:20 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Apr-16 2:10:49 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Apr-16 2:10:19 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Apr-16 2:09:49 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Apr-16 2:09:47 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page AmbientWeatherConfig: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Apr-16 2:09:43 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page AmbientWeatherConfig: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Apr-16 2:09:19 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

Upgrade to the Beta version in the updater.

Comment

I updated the plugin to 2.1.0.119 (and updated HS3 v3.0.0.531). As soon as I click "Create Devices", it locks up, but never creates the devices. This is on the Manage Plug-ins page for the status of Ambient Weather:CRITICAL: Failed to get InterfaceStatus from AmbientWeather: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. My station is reporting to Ambient okay. Note too, I removed the plugin completely and reinstalled the beta, but it does the same thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ambient.PNG
Views:	339
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	1299475
      I disabled the plug-in, and the enable button is now gone, and replaced with this text:Loaded Remotely
      Apr-17 12:47:48 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
      Apr-17 12:47:18 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
      Apr-17 12:46:52 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page AmbientWeatherConfig: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
      Apr-17 12:46:48 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
      Apr-17 12:46:17 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
      Apr-17 12:46:08 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page AmbientWeatherConfig: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Comment

1. HS v .531 is beta and has not been tested with fully.
        2. It looks like something is caught up during the plugin start.

Is this a Windows or Linux system? If Linux what version of Mono?

If Windows - stop the plugin, delete the old devices from the previous version. Check Task Manager to verify that HSPI_AmbientWeather is NOT running. If it is then kill the process. You can then try starting the plugin again. I have seen this Proxies error on occasion during testing and it usually requires HS3 to be restarted.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
          .531 is actually a release version: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

.531 is actually a release version: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes

explains why I got the mythical never before seen "New Release" auto install window this morning when I started the test box. It was a "unreleased" beta a few days ago. I love how the edit of a post doesn't show up as "New" so you have to specifically LOOK at a thread to get updates....

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
              2. It looks like something is caught up during the plugin start.

Is this a Windows or Linux system? If Linux what version of Mono?

If Windows - stop the plugin, delete the old devices from the previous version. Check Task Manager to verify that HSPI_AmbientWeather is NOT running. If it is then kill the process. You can then try starting the plugin again. I have seen this Proxies error on occasion during testing and it usually requires HS3 to be restarted.
              Windows 10 machine. The plugin has never created any devices. It crashes every time I click on create devices. I have disabled/enabled plug-in, deleted, reinstalled, stopped/restarted HS3 (Required every time I click "Create Devices")

I updated to the latest plug-in version, but it's the same way. The ONLY time the plug-in doesn't crash is if "Local Only Mode" is selected, but it says the station's IP address refused the connection (and again, it does NOT create any devices). SO I unchecked it.

At 11:17 PM, I clicked "Create Devices". Screen capture follows as well.
              Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
              Apr-18 11:22:00 PM AmbientWeather Debug Connecting to AmbientWeather.Net...
              Apr-18 11:20:00 PM AmbientWeather Debug Connecting to AmbientWeather.Net...
              Apr-18 11:18:00 PM AmbientWeather Debug Connecting to AmbientWeather.Net...
              Apr-18 11:16:00 PM AmbientWeather Debug Connecting to AmbientWeather.Net...
              Apr-18 11:15:45 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in AmbientWeather
              Apr-18 11:15:45 PM Starting Plug-In AmbientWeather loaded in 441 milliseconds
              Apr-18 11:15:45 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin AmbientWeather started successfully in 172 milliseconds
              Apr-18 11:15:45 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin AmbientWeather ...
              Apr-18 11:15:45 PM Info Plugin AmbientWeather has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:64173
              Apr-18 11:15:44 PM Plug-In Interface AmbientWeather is running as a trial, 27 days remaining.
              Another time of clicking "Create Devices":
              Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
              Apr-19 12:26:40 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
              Apr-19 12:26:33 AM Error Getting web page from plugin page AmbientWeatherConfig:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Apr-19 12:26:10 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
              Apr-19 12:26:00 AM AmbientWeather Debug Connecting to AmbientWeather.Net...
              Apr-19 12:25:51 AM Error Getting web page from plugin page AmbientWeatherConfig:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Apr-19 12:25:40 AM Warning Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
              Apr-19 12:25:24 AM Error Posting back to plugin web page AmbientWeatherConfig: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	500.6 KB ID:	1299804

Comment

Did you check in Task Manager to verify if the plugin is actually stopped before trying to start it again?
                Plugin AmbientWeather is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                This tells me that the plugin in not stopping for some reason.

I just performed a installation on a fresh .531 install with the package from the updater using the latest version 2.1.1.1 that was released. It installed and ran clean. You may also want to verify your API Key is correct as the other error in the log is about "User Permissions".

Do you have a Firewall running on this machine that could be blocking outbound connections? Windows defender does this as well. You will need to open the firewall to allow the plugin to connect if you have a firewall running.

Comment

I'm connected! Thank you for all of your suggestions and help. I just created my API key to use with this App, but out of desperation I created a new key, and this one works.
                  I love what you've done, and the icons are very nice! I'm so excited to once again be able to display MY weather on HSTouch screens again.

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                    I'm connected! Thank you for all of your suggestions and help. I just created my API key to use with this App, but out of desperation I created a new key, and this one works.
                    I love what you've done, and the icons are very nice! I'm so excited to once again be able to display MY weather on HSTouch screens again.
                    Glad to hear things worked out. I don't use HSTouch (yet) maybe in the future, so let me know how that works out for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X