Seeing errors in log I don't recall seeing before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing errors in log I don't recall seeing before

Upgraded to 2.1.1.1 of the plug-in recently and am noticing the following log errors showing up:
    Apr-28 11:20:03 AM AmbientWeather ERROR Exception in ObserverIP Connection: System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x000b6] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request) [0x0016d] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in <2b0d86369d72459baed0cee98a8e578a>:0 at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.Get (System.Uri uri, System.String method, System.String path, HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlDocument doc, System.Net.IWebProxy proxy, System.Net.ICredentials creds) [0x00188] in :0 at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.LoadUrl (System.Uri uri, System.String method, System.Net.WebProxy proxy, System.Net.NetworkCredential creds) [0x00014] in :0 at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.Load (System.Uri uri, System.String method) [0x00033] in :0 at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.Load (System.String url, System.String method) [0x00007] in :0 at HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlWeb.Load (System.String url) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_AmbientWeather.CurrentPlugin.LocalUpdateWeather () [0x00350] in :0
    Don't think these were happening before the upgrade. From what I can tell I am still getting data from the station and plug-in but not sure what to make of these messages.

Anyone else seeing this?

It can't connect to the ObserverIP module.
    1. Do you have an ObserverIP Module?
      1. Is the IP configured correctly? If yes then...
      2. Power cycle the ObserverIP module and restart the plugin
    2. If you don't have an OIP
      1. Check to make sure it's not enabled and if it is disable it in the plugin and restart the plugin

Comment

Yes, I have the color screen that shows the data from the weather station. It is set to a reserved IP address on the router (192.168.1.11) and when I ping it from another machine it seems to be responding fine. Weather data also seems like it is being updated. I checked the PI settings and it has the right IP address in it (nothing changed when I upgraded).

Unfortunately it is in a different state from me right now so I can't power cycle the OIP module. It does have a relatively low Wi-Fi signal where it sits in the house but for the months I've been running it I didn't see these messages (but perhaps I just wasn't looking). Could they be from the OIP dropping off the wi-fi now and then?

I put in a range extender when I was there last but didn't have time to switch the OIP over to the new SSID for it so it is still using the one that is relatively low strength (1-2 bars on the OIP display most of the time).

Comment

Originally posted by XboxMeister View Post
        Yes, I have the color screen that shows the data from the weather station. It is set to a reserved IP address on the router (192.168.1.11) and when I ping it from another machine it seems to be responding fine. Weather data also seems like it is being updated. I checked the PI settings and it has the right IP address in it (nothing changed when I upgraded).

Unfortunately it is in a different state from me right now so I can't power cycle the OIP module. It does have a relatively low Wi-Fi signal where it sits in the house but for the months I've been running it I didn't see these messages (but perhaps I just wasn't looking). Could they be from the OIP dropping off the wi-fi now and then?

I put in a range extender when I was there last but didn't have time to switch the OIP over to the new SSID for it so it is still using the one that is relatively low strength (1-2 bars on the OIP display most of the time).
        The "Color Screen" is not an ObserverIP module. The ObserverIP module is a little black box with blue LED lights. The error is from you having the config in the plugin setup to use an OIP which you do not have. Remove the IP information from the Plugin configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

The "Color Screen" is not an ObserverIP module. The ObserverIP module is a little black box with blue LED lights. The error is from you having the config in the plugin setup to use an OIP which you do not have. Remove the IP information from the Plugin configuration.
          Ah, OK. Let me try that and see what happens.

ty

Comment

Working...
          X