Ambient Weather Re-Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambient Weather Re-Development

The re-development work for this plugin has gone very well.

Updates:
    • Re-Written in C#
    • Devices are no longer tied to DeviceType
    • Device lookups are now contained within a internal mapping
      • Significant performance improvements
    • ObserverIP reboot control
    • Proper Help/Config Links
    • Fully functional unit/measurement scales
    • Add-On sensors are properly determined and added
    • As there is no need to manually choose Add-On sensors device options have been removed
    • Alpha WebSocket support
      • A websocket interface has been added that provide near real-time device updates. I've experienced reliability issues on the connection and I've put in place a lot of reconnect/retries to keep the connection open
      • Issue has been raised with Ambient Weather and they are putting me in contact with their developer. I'm hoping this can be resolved and become fully functional. Polling options for AmbientWeather.Net and Local ObserverIP Module are still in place
    • Price Increase
      • This only effects new/future users.

Beta Release: Coming

The Beta release will hit the updater later today.

Backout:
    • Existing configuration is not changed
    • Existing devices are not changed
    • To revert to the previous version stop the Beta and install the current release from the Updater

Comment

Beta Release: 3.0.0.209
      • Initial Beta Release to the public
      • New Device Structure does not modify/change existing devices. New devices will be created to allow rollback to previous version if needed.
      • Report any issues as normal.
        • You may be asked to join our Slack channel to debug/fix issues in a more timely manner if needed.

Comment

How is illuminance pulled now. Long time user of previous version, After updating to new beta V3 my illuminance is now sitting at zero lux and hasn't updated. I base alot of night and day actives on this Lux reading.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          How is illuminance pulled now. Long time user of previous version, After updating to new beta V3 my illuminance is now sitting at zero lux and hasn't updated. I base alot of night and day actives on this Lux reading.
          Illuminance is still converted from the SolarRadiation value provided through the API or pulled from the ObserverIP same field. What PWS are you using and how are you connecting? Through the API or Local through OIP?

I do a lot of lighting off the Lux as well and I just re-verified mine is updating. What beta version? 211 was the last pushed but there were no changes around Lux readings. Is the SolarRadiation value updating?

Comment

ws-1550-ip

Local only, don't have anything entered for WEB.

I just installed first time upgrading to v3. it is .211

Solar radiation is updating fine. When i login into my OIP data matches but there is no Illuminance reading in the OIP. and if i change solar radiation values to LUX in the OIP then nothing reads for solar radiation in HS due to values our of range.

Comment

ws-1550-ip

Local only, don't have anything entered for WEB.

I just installed first time upgrading to v3. it is .211

Solar radiation is updating fine. When i login into my OIP data matches but there is no Illuminance reading in the OIP. and if i change solar radiation values to LUX in the OIP then nothing reads for solar radiation in HS due to values our of range.
              In the OIP leave those values as standard Imperial/US measures and leave SolarRadiation as default. If you want things changed in HS use the config page to adjust the units otherwise things don't work. The Lux is calculated from the SolarRadiation value.

Change the OIP back to defaults and restart the plugin. If Lux does not update let me know and I'll see if that calculation is missing for some reason in the Local Only updater.

Comment

So I started by adding my API key into the settings to use the .net. Nothing happened, then I rebooted the plugin and I got a new child device for start stop and restart and shortly after my Illminance updated. Just for kicks I removed the API, stopped the .Net connection and now it hasn't updated in while despite everything else changing. I have both local and .net (when it was on) set to 1 min update intervals.

I could be wrong but it seems to me like Illminance doesn't update when I'm using local OIP only.

Thanks,
                JIM

Comment

So I started by adding my API key into the settings to use the .net. Nothing happened, then I rebooted the plugin and I got a new child device for start stop and restart and shortly after my Illminance updated. Just for kicks I removed the API, stopped the .Net connection and now it hasn't updated in while despite everything else changing. I have both local and .net (when it was on) set to 1 min update intervals.

I could be wrong but it seems to me like Illminance doesn't update when I'm using local OIP only.

Thanks,
                  JIM
                  I just pushed .212 which fixes the Lux update in "Local Only" mode. It was missing from that mode of operation.

Comment

Awsome!

Comment

Awsome!
                      Give it a run through and let me know if there's something else I missed

Comment

Illuminates are working fine now.

I'm currently testing the other child devices. I went into each and unchecked
                        "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:"

I'm currently watching what is not updating with local only selected. It should update every min. I'm assuming that it might be normal for a few of these not to update without API but so far the ones not updating are:

Dew Point
                        Feels Like Temp
                        Total Rain

Last Rain

I'm not sure if all of these are supposed to update regularly or not. Also not sure if things like location and timezone only update on reboot or something.

Comment

Illuminates are working fine now.

I'm currently testing the other child devices. I went into each and unchecked
                          "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:"

I'm currently watching what is not updating with local only selected. It should update every min. I'm assuming that it might be normal for a few of these not to update without API but so far the ones not updating are:

Dew Point
                          Feels Like Temp
                          Total Rain

Last Rain

I'm not sure if all of these are supposed to update regularly or not. Also not sure if things like location and timezone only update on reboot or something.
                          Devices will only update when there's new data.

Dew Point, Feels Like are computed and are only created when using the API and only update via the API as they are not available in Local Only so they won't update.

Total Rain, Last Rain is also a stored/computed API value and is not available via Local Only.

Location, Timezone are also only available via the API.

Looks like you have left over devices from when you added the API Key to test and it create those extra devices.

Comment

So I'm running into another issue after upgrading to V3. I didn't think this was plugin related but it's the only thing I have changed and looking for input on my problem.

I had events with the V2 plugin that when Lux went to zero for more then 5 min or so that it would switch a virtual switch to "night". After upgrading to V3 I rebuild the devices (child devices) and ended up deleting originals (child devices) so I went to my existing events and updated the input trigger to the new illuminance child device.

After this I noticed that my night event never runs or becomes true anymore.

I created a few other test events and found that events with a time length added to them don't work with this LUX child. If the event says Lux changes and equals 0 then it runs. But if I say lux has been 0 for atleast X amount of time. it doesn't work, it used to and I haven't changed HS versions or updated recently.

I have attached some images to show what i'm trying to explain. Test1 never runs despite all night my child device is showing "0 Lux" and you can see that Test 2 ran fin when the sun when down at 8pm and lux dropped to 0.

I might not need this but my only reason for the time delay was just to make sure a cloud passing over or something doesn't temporarily change everything in my house to night time and then go back to day when the sun shines again. The test shows one min but normally I do longer.

Thanks,
                            JIm

Comment

So I'm running into another issue after upgrading to V3. I didn't think this was plugin related but it's the only thing I have changed and looking for input on my problem.

I had events with the V2 plugin that when Lux went to zero for more then 5 min or so that it would switch a virtual switch to "night". After upgrading to V3 I rebuild the devices (child devices) and ended up deleting originals (child devices) so I went to my existing events and updated the input trigger to the new illuminance child device.

After this I noticed that my night event never runs or becomes true anymore.

I created a few other test events and found that events with a time length added to them don't work with this LUX child. If the event says Lux changes and equals 0 then it runs. But if I say lux has been 0 for atleast X amount of time. it doesn't work, it used to and I haven't changed HS versions or updated recently.

I have attached some images to show what i'm trying to explain. Test1 never runs despite all night my child device is showing "0 Lux" and you can see that Test 2 ran fin when the sun when down at 8pm and lux dropped to 0.

I might not need this but my only reason for the time delay was just to make sure a cloud passing over or something doesn't temporarily change everything in my house to night time and then go back to day when the sun shines again. The test shows one min but normally I do longer.

Thanks,
                              JIm
                              What is the device change time? It may have been 0 all night but if it was zero when the event was created then it never changed and wouldn't have triggered the event.

Comment

Working...
                              X