Ambient Weather Re-Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

I have checked the current reading and I see the same no decimal. I also believe that if there was a decimal that test2 event wouldn't fire at all if it was never at zero. So personally I don't think its a decimal issue.

I have just created a 3rd test event now per logman's help. We will see if that fires tonight also. I have also added "do not re run for 10 hours" on the test1 event to prevent it from looping if it were to actually fire or become true (which it hasn't in the last 2 days).
    Just thought of this: Make sure this box is checked, else-wise the "has been for at least 3 minutes" will never test true.

Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	97
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1317671

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

Just thought of this: Make sure this box is checked, else-wise the "has been for at least 3 minutes" will never test true.

--Barry
      Ding Ding! We have a winner!

This box is not checked currently due to testing and some issues I had the other day (which are all fixed now). But that totally make sense now. I have updates set to 1min. So that time keep changing before it gets to the 3min mark.

Thanks so much for your help Barry

Comment

​​​​​​

Same response as the first one. I'll test tonight but this event worked for months until I changed the child device from one to another. I didn't even recreate the event just pointed one device to a different child. I still believe that that Lux been at 0 for more then 3min and day/night is day is a valid non ambiguous event. But testing tonight will give more insite.

I generally don't like to use precise times due to the fact it's possible it might get skipped. If something happens at that exact 3min mark and it gets skipped it will never trigger. If it says atleast 3min then I'm good for it to fire again. Which is why I put the day/night is day. So it would fire once and stop. So It should work as it has for months now.
        I'm speaking from experience only, and I have found the "if has been for at least" to be an unreliable trigger and is best used as a conditional statement. If you want a "catch" for in case the precise 3 minute mark gets skipped, then you can add an "OR IF" trigger. Just copy the first trigger and change the wait time from 3 minutes to 5 minutes (or whatever). This gives 2 opportunities for the event to fire. It would look like this:

IF device has been X for exactly 3 minutes,
        AND if device X has a value equal to X,
        Then do this.

OR IF device has been X for exactly 5 minutes,
        Then do this.

--Barry

Comment

Ding Ding! We have a winner!

This box is not checked currently due to testing and some issues I had the other day (which are all fixed now). But that totally make sense now. I have updates set to 1min. So that time keep changing before it gets to the 3min mark.

Thanks so much for your help Barry
          Great! Just don't forget to delete those test events with loops before the 3 minute mark hits!

--Barry

Comment

I'm speaking from experience only, and I have found the "if has been for at least" to be an unreliable trigger and is best used as a conditional statement. If you want a "catch" for in case the precise 3 minute mark gets skipped, then you can add an "OR IF" trigger. Just copy the first trigger and change the wait time from 3 minutes to 5 minutes (or whatever). This gives 2 opportunities for the event to fire. It would look like this:

IF device has been X for exactly 3 minutes,
            Then do this.

OR IF device has been X for exactly 5 minutes,
            Then do this.

--Barry
            Thanks, I can see what you have there.

I personally never had an issue with the "has been for at least time" and while Homeseer shouldn't even miss once and missing twice very unlikely. "Has been for atleast time" is basically infinite until it does catch. I would have to test more but I also think that a power loss would be less of an issue on the "has been for atleast" vs. the 3 or 5 min absolute time.

Great! Just don't forget to delete those test events with loops before the 3 minute mark hits!
            I have added a "can not re run" for 10 hours on the event that I expect to loop. But I'll still leave everything for testing tonight.

Comment

--Barry

Just a follow up this was the issue and all is working as should now.

Thanks again to both of you for the help and teaching me something along the way.

JIM

Comment

Working...
              X