Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for Ambient Weather API? (Thereby supporting all reporting devices)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for Ambient Weather API? (Thereby supporting all reporting devices)

AmbientWeather.net has an API that can access their devices that are connected, including the WS-8482 which supports a pool sensor.) It doesn't appear that the Simplex Technology plug-in supports the WS-8482 or the API.

I would like to suggest that supporting this API would provider compatible access to more devices, and that it would allow pool temperature sensors to be integrated into the HomeSeer ecosystem.

Or, is there some way to use the existing control with the WS-8482? (The published list of sensors only includes Ambient Weather - WS-2902, Ambient Weather - WS-2902(A), Ambient Weather - WS-1001-WIFI OBSERVER, Ambient Weather - WS-1002-WIFI, Ambient Weather - WS-1401-IP)

By supporting the AmbientWeather.net API then any reporting Ambient device would be accessible.

Originally posted by SeattleDavid View Post
    AmbientWeather.net has an API that can access their devices that are connected, including the WS-8482 which supports a pool sensor.) It doesn't appear that the Simplex Technology plug-in supports the WS-8482 or the API.

I would like to suggest that supporting this API would provider compatible access to more devices, and that it would allow pool temperature sensors to be integrated into the HomeSeer ecosystem.

Or, is there some way to use the existing control with the WS-8482? (The published list of sensors only includes Ambient Weather - WS-2902, Ambient Weather - WS-2902(A), Ambient Weather - WS-1001-WIFI OBSERVER, Ambient Weather - WS-1002-WIFI, Ambient Weather - WS-1401-IP)

By supporting the AmbientWeather.net API then any reporting Ambient device would be accessible.

The plugin supports all PWS that work with the official API. The latest beta in the updater includes the WS-8482 along with the Pool/Spa sensor and the Soil Moisture sensors. The full API is supported but I don't add devices until I can test them or work with someone who can.

Comment

The Simplex Technology plugin is approved by Ambient Weather and I work with them and try to keep updated on new devices and upcoming changes.

Comment

The WS-8482 is what I have along with the pool sensor and soil sensor. If you support those then I will buy the plugin when it is out of Beta.

Comment

The WS-8482 is what I have along with the pool sensor and soil sensor. If you support those then I will buy the plugin when it is out of Beta.
          Plugins are 30 day trial. The beta is in the updater.

Comment

I am inclined to trust developers. If they have branded their own product as “Beta” they are the best people to know that their software can crash your system, lose data, or is otherwise unstable or likely to waste a lot of your time.

I will wait for something that the developer has confidence in. I’m very interested in this.

Comment

I am inclined to trust developers. If they have branded their own product as “Beta” they are the best people to know that their software can crash your system, lose data, or is otherwise unstable or likely to waste a lot of your time.

I will wait for something that the developer has confidence in. I’m very interested in this.
              I've gone through several alpha tests and private beta's before being released in the updater for now "public" testing before submission for HS review and publishing.

Comment

This sounds like you were being very thoughtful and responsible. I look very forward to it being released so i can purchase it.

Comment

This sounds like you were being very thoughtful and responsible. I look very forward to it being released so i can purchase it.
                  Here's a screenshot from last night of the WS-8482 devices. The Pool/Spa sensor shows up via AmbientWeather as just another Temperature Sensor it's Sensor 3 in the image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-22_00-00-18.png
Views:	464
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1317039

Comment

Is the pool sensor the F007PF and will it work with the WS-1550-IP?
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                      Is the pool sensor the F007PF and will it work with the WS-1550-IP?
                      No that one won't work with the plugin or the WS-1550-IP.

The TX-3107 works with the WS-8482 and the WS-8478A. Both of those are supported by the plugin.

https://www.ambientweather.com/amtx3107.html

Comment

My WS-1001-WIFI went belly up today, the receiver not the Sensor area. What is a good replacement for this unit? It does not have to work with the current sensor array as that is probably needing replacing soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                          My WS-1001-WIFI went belly up today, the receiver not the Sensor area. What is a good replacement for this unit? It does not have to work with the current sensor array as that is probably needing replacing soon as well.
                          That all depends on what your requirements are. Do you need local data access? Add-On sensors?

Comment

As far as requirements Indoor/Outdoor Humidity & Temperature, Barometric Pressure, Wind Speed and Direction, Rainfall and UV. The ability to send the data up to AmbientWeather.net and Weather Underground. Having the ability for extra external sensors is a plus but not required. The ability to poll the data locally to Homeseer would be nice as my internet is not the most reliable but is not a requirement. Durable would also be a good selling point as with my current unit I had to replace the Sensor array about ever two years, I'm on my 4th array.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                              As far as requirements Indoor/Outdoor Humidity & Temperature, Barometric Pressure, Wind Speed and Direction, Rainfall and UV. The ability to send the data up to AmbientWeather.net and Weather Underground. Having the ability for extra external sensors is a plus but not required. The ability to poll the data locally to Homeseer would be nice as my internet is not the most reliable but is not a requirement. Durable would also be a good selling point as with my current unit I had to replace the Sensor array about ever two years, I'm on my 4th array.
                              As for the durable requirement the array units are what they are and depending on conditions have to be replaced....

Local requirements requires an Observer IP Module. The Observer IP module can generally be added to any of the array's after the fact. I would cross-verify with Ambient Weather support before purchase, or you can send me the details and I will verify with Ambient Weather directly to ensure compatibility.

Add On sensors is a depends question. Temp/Humidity add-ons work with the Observer IP module and with the WS-2000 and WS-8478A. Soil Moisture and Pool Spa also work with the WS-8478A

The WS-8478A is the newest top of the line system with a price to match. If you don't need/want the soil moisture then the WS-8478A may be overkill.

If you don't want/require a color display the WS-1500-IP is the lowest priced system that includes the Observer IP.

All of these systems report to the AmbientWeather.Net system and will work with the plugin. They all will also send data to WU and PWS Weather.

Bottom line is your requirements. Local data access requires the Observer IP module. Next choose what add-on sensors you need then do you want the color display and what is in your budget.

Comment

Working...
                              X