Returning value of Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning value of Zero

i'm seeing an issue with both the Temperature and Humidity being returned as a value of 0 today. I'm using the Device History plugin to store the Temperature and Humidity so that I can track the Highs and Lows over time. Today with the Temperature always above 60 degrees I had the plugin return 0, 15 times for Temperature and Humidity. I'm assuming it simple was not able to reach the ObserverIp and that caused the Zero value.

Is there a way to work around this? I did not find any settings to ignore eorrors or values that are so far out of normal range.

What plugin version?
    Linux or Windows?
    Mono version if Linux

Temp and Humidity are never absolute 0 so I'm not sure where those values would even be coming from. The plugin only updates on values that have changed so it wouldn't update to 0 over and over again. If it was a connection issue with the OIP then it shouldn't have updated anything and it wouldn't update with a 0 from the plugin. I don't know anything about the Device History plugin so I don't know how/what it is reporting.

This is indeed an interesting one.

Comment

Windows version: Win 10 Pro
      Plugin Version: 3.0.0.212

It's possible that the ObserverIP is unable to communicate with the outside Instrument Array, I will try to see about moving the ObserverIP closer (move up to the second floor) to the outside Instrument Array.

While Humidity would never be 0 the Temperature can be, but not the first of August.

Comment

Here, is a chart of the temperatures recorded today from the ObserverIP module.

Comment

I also noticed when I turn Debug logging on, the plugin shows the values it pulls down from AmbientWeather.net but does not show the values it gets from the ObserverIP module or at least I'm not seeing it in the log. Is that something that can be added?

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
            I also noticed when I turn Debug logging on, the plugin shows the values it pulls down from AmbientWeather.net but does not show the values it gets from the ObserverIP module or at least I'm not seeing it in the log. Is that something that can be added?
            You're not running the Beta 3.0.0.212 version then. The newest version doesn't output that to the logs currently.

Comment

Comment

I see what it says but I know the plugin does not output the values in debug. If you had the previous one installed I think there might be some left overs. The two versions are not compatible. The new version will create it's own devices as well. I wonder if your charting is looking at the older devices?

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

I see what it says but I know the plugin does not output the values in debug. If you had the previous one installed I think there might be some left overs. The two versions are not compatible. The new version will create it's own devices as well. I wonder if your charting is looking at the older devices?
                  The new version did create new devices, I deleted all the old devices before I started with this version. I also had to reconfigure some of my events and HSTouch screens to account for this change. I currently have both the AmbientWeather.net and the ObserverIP setup each with there own devices.

I moved the ObserverIP Module upstairs last night to get it closer to the Instrument Array up on the roof. Looking this morning I still see a few values of zero throughout the night.

Comment

I have no explanation of the zero value nor any verification that it's from the AW plugin and not your charting plugin. I'll work on adding the debug of showing the values so that cross-referencing is possible.

Comment

I can verify it's not the charting program. Setup an Event last night that incremented a counter if the value for the temperature returned by the ObserverIP was set to zero. The counter matched the Device History plugin in the number of zeros received. Last night that was 6

Comment

I can add some debugging but I'm still curious by you saying you see the values in the log when they don't exist in the current version....

Comment

The values I see are from it pulling down the values from AmbientWeather.net not from the ObserverIP module. If I turn off the AmbientWeather.net feed those values go away in the log.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                            The values I see are from it pulling down the values from AmbientWeather.net not from the ObserverIP module. If I turn off the AmbientWeather.net feed those values go away in the log.
                            Please provide a log of it. The latest version does not write those values to the log at all. So I really want to see what you are seeing. I've also verified in the current code base. I'm not logging them. The OLD version did log but not the new. Are perhaps both instances running?

Comment

When I get home tonight I will send you a copy of the log. I'm not sure how both could be running at the same time. I used the Manage Plugins option to upgrade to the new version in the Beta section.

Comment

Working...
                              X