Returning value of Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
    When I get home tonight I will send you a copy of the log. I'm not sure how both could be running at the same time. I used the Manage Plugins option to upgrade to the new version in the Beta section.
    I've seen stranger things. Check the process manager and see if there are two AmbientWeather processes. If there are that's a problem.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_80934.png Views:	3 Size:	144.4 KB ID:	1319724

Okay, I checked and there is only one HSPI_AmbientWeather running on my system. When I checked it was using 90% of the CPU. Looking at the log I saw the error "WebSocket Error" over and over and over again. I disabled the plugin and then re-enabled it and it was able to connect and is working correctly now. I have attached a screen shot of the log showing the data retrieved from AmbientWeather.net

Click image for larger version

Name:	aw_02.png
Views:	132
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1319727

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	image_80934.png Views:	3 Size:	144.4 KB ID:	1319724

Okay, I checked and there is only one HSPI_AmbientWeather running on my system. When I checked it was using 90% of the CPU. Looking at the log I saw the error "WebSocket Error" over and over and over again. I disabled the plugin and then re-enabled it and it was able to connect and is working correctly now. I have attached a screen shot of the log showing the data retrieved from AmbientWeather.net

Click image for larger version

Name:	aw_02.png
Views:	132
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1319727
        Ok that update log is the WebSocket output for debug but not like the previous version with "pretty" value updates. I can't replicate that with the OIP. Which actually that logging should have been disabled... so that's interesting as well.

The 90% CPU usage is the first occurence I've seen. I'm aware that the Websocket at times will have issues which is why I built the control device for it. This is an issue between Ambient Weather server being Socket.IO and the plugin being .Net which neither I nor the Ambient Weather developer have nailed down completely yet. Hence the control device to stop the WebSocket and restart if needed. However the polling will continue to work in the event the WebSocket dies/stops and doesn't reconnect (which it should reconnect).

My personal system and dev system is half-on/half-off as I'm reorganizing my office space and desk so things are in a shamble currently. I'm hoping in the next couple days between work and family and plugins to get things back in order. In the meantime keep me informed if the zero value occurs anymore after the plugin restart.

Comment

The plugin reported more Zero values last night after I re-enabled the plugin.

Comment

The plugin reported more Zero values last night after I re-enabled the plugin.
            I'll have to look into this as you are the first to report this. Can you run through some configurations to try and help isolate this.

What firmware version of OIP?

Does this only happen with OIP?
            Does this only happen with AmbientWeather.Net updates?
            Does this only happen with Hybrid of OIP + AW.Net updates?

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

I'll have to look into this as you are the first to report this. Can you run through some configurations to try and help isolate this.

What firmware version of OIP?

Does this only happen with OIP?
              Does this only happen with AmbientWeather.Net updates?
              Does this only happen with Hybrid of OIP + AW.Net updates?

Firmware of OIP: 4.5.8

Zero values only occurring on data pulled directly from OIP with your Plugin. The OIP is not currently configured to send data to either AmbientWeather.net or WU. That is being handled by the ws-1002 wifi display.

Your Plugin pulling data back from AmbientWeather.net does not return Zeros.

Comment

Zero values only occurring on data pulled directly from OIP with your Plugin. The OIP is not currently configured to send data to either AmbientWeather.net or WU. That is being handled by the ws-1002 wifi display.

Can you send the screenshot of the OIP unit configuration?

Comment

I just pushed a new Beta that includes raw values from the OIP and AmbientWeather.Net. Run this version with debug logging turned on.

Comment

Just a FYI for the first time ever I ran into the maxed out CPU due to this plugin. I was on 212 beta at the time (which now I just updated to 214). I run an i7 and never had any rouge plugin max out my CPU but this plugin did. I had to reboot the plugin yesterday and it started working fine after that. I didn't do any testing or debugging.

I had slow response on my automatic (events) z-wave lights turning on which is what pushed me to check into the problem. My day never turned to night based on this plugins luminescence sensor. That's when I saw my CPU at 99% and task manager had this plugin at the top. I force closed it, turned off the plugin in HS and then Restarted it.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                      Just a FYI for the first time ever I ran into the maxed out CPU due to this plugin. I was on 212 beta at the time (which now I just updated to 214). I run an i7 and never had any rouge plugin max out my CPU but this plugin did. I had to reboot the plugin yesterday and it started working fine after that. I didn't do any testing or debugging.

I had slow response on my automatic (events) z-wave lights turning on which is what pushed me to check into the problem. My day never turned to night based on this plugins luminescence sensor. That's when I saw my CPU at 99% and task manager had this plugin at the top. I force closed it, turned off the plugin in HS and then Restarted it.
                      Sounds like the websocket went rogue in trying to reconnect too fast. I hit that once in my testing and I thought I had it fixed. The websocket connection to Ambient Weather with .NET has been an issue. If I can't get that resolved I may have to pull that functionality from the plugin for now. It's a rare condition but if it happens it does consume the cpu because it causes an infinite loop of reconnect attempts.

Comment

Installed the updated plug-in and ran it over night. I'm still seeing sporadic temperatures and humidity going to zero.

Comment

Installed the updated plug-in and ran it over night. I'm still seeing sporadic temperatures and humidity going to zero.
                          Logs?

Comment

I planned to turn the log on tonight to capture whats going on. I wanted to run the new version without first to see how it ran first.

Comment

I planned to turn the log on tonight to capture whats going on. I wanted to run the new version without first to see how it ran first.
                              Any screenshots of the unit settings in the OIP? Are they set to Fahrenheit and not Celsius in the OIP?

Comment

Here is what the log captured. Looks like the ObserverIP might have lost communication with the Instrument array or was in the process of rebooting. As you can see from the file only the Rain values were populated everything else was dashes which your code is interpreting as zero. I included the next reading that it took so you can see that as well.

AmbientW_log.txt

Comment

Working...
                                X