Support for Ecowitt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for Ecowitt?

Ambient is based on 915 MHz, not available for use in the E.U. Ecowitt.com is the same products as Ambient, but uses 433 MHz. And Ecowitt.net is the “clone” of ambientweather.net.

Will this plugin work with Ecowitt as well?

Actually Ecowitt does have a 915MHZ device to pickup Weather Instruments (GW1000) that works with AmbientWeather devices or at least the instrument array that I have ws-1002. Just picked up this device yesterday and it is so much better than the ObserverIP device. It plugs into a USB port for power only and communicates via WiFi.

It does not send to AmbientWeather.net, it has it's own website Ecowitt.net which again I feel is much nicer than the Ambient website. The GW1000 will also upload to Weather Underground and other weather sites plus the ability to have it send data in your choice of two different formats to the IP of your choice. I see big potential here. I will say the manual that came with it is lacking and has errors in setting the device up the first time. So be sure to download the updated instructions off the Website before you get started. It will save you a lot of frustrations.

Also the price for this little device is 29.99 on amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
      Ambient is based on 915 MHz, not available for use in the E.U. Ecowitt.com is the same products as Ambient, but uses 433 MHz. And Ecowitt.net is the “clone” of ambientweather.net.

Will this plugin work with Ecowitt as well?
      No the plugin will not work with Ecowitt.net. I've never heard of them until now. If they have an API that is accessible then it's possible to develop a plugin for them. However this plugin is specific to AmbientWeather.Net.

Comment

Working...
      X