Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant bring up config page

Hi,

So I have fixed the GetDeviceEnumerator issue so I am ready to try the beta. I installed 3.0.0.217 today but when I try to bring up the config page it just hangs (never renders). I ran the plugin remotely to see if it was printing any errors or what not, nothing other than Plugin is not configured.

Any suggestions as what to try?

Thanks
    Bill

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    Hi,

So I have fixed the GetDeviceEnumerator issue so I am ready to try the beta. I installed 3.0.0.217 today but when I try to bring up the config page it just hangs (never renders). I ran the plugin remotely to see if it was printing any errors or what not, nothing other than Plugin is not configured.

Any suggestions as what to try?

Thanks
    Bill
    Yeah. Wait for me to push the update I had forgotten about. The config page is using a old enumerator call for a drop down list box for location. I've removed that completely as it's too slow on large device systems. I thought I had published the beta but I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

Yeah. Wait for me to push the update I had forgotten about. The config page is using a old enumerator call for a drop down list box for location. I've removed that completely as it's too slow on large device systems. I thought I had published the beta but I guess not.
      Great thanks, will look for it. Also Enumeration is much faster now that I found the threads in RPC doing a spin loop and corrected them (they were starving the threads doing real work), I think for the first time I actually have what is becoming a stable system.

Comment

218 is now in the updater beta section. Should resolve issues around config page loading slow.

Comment

Great thanks, will look for it. Also Enumeration is much faster now that I found the threads in RPC doing a spin loop and corrected them (they were starving the threads doing real work), I think for the first time I actually have what is becoming a stable system.
          Ultimately I stopped using enumeration as much as possible and not using the HSD for device look ups.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

Ultimately I stopped using enumeration as much as possible and not using the HSD for device look ups.
            Config page is working! As an FYI this appears to be missing from the install package: File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/life360/simplextech-logo.png

Comment

Update, config page works, but plugin crashes when I press 'Create Devices'. Ill try it again with debug logging on and post.

Comment

Update, config page works, but plugin crashes when I press 'Create Devices'. Ill try it again with debug logging on and post.
                Scratch that, after reboot worked fine, unclear what happened first time. In that run the process just ended shortly after I hit create devices.

Comment

And last note, new version working MUCH better than the prior one, thank you so much!

Comment

And last note, new version working MUCH better than the prior one, thank you so much!
                    Good news on the forum at last

Comment

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the plug in, any way to get to the config page?Click image for larger version

Name:	ambientweather config.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1327062

Comment

Originally posted by Majkman View Post
                        I have tried deleting and reinstalling the plug in, any way to get to the config page?Click image for larger version

Name:	ambientweather config.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1327062
                        Loaded Remotely is not the correct status. Ensure you shutdown the plugin and make sure it is dead. Check your process table and kill anything left.

When posting provide your system details, Windows, Linux (mono version) etc.

Comment

Windows 10 pro, on an Intel NUC. I have restarted HS, and the PC, have removed the plug in with the red X on the Plugin status page. Should I remove the HSPI also? What other files should I delete before attempting to re-install? Where do I find the process table?

Current Date/Time: 9/17/2019 7:28:49 AM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.531
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          System Uptime: 0 Days 12 Hours 12 Minutes 41 Seconds
                          IP Address: 192.168.1.146
                          Number of Devices: 1033
                          Number of Events: 0
                          Available Threads: 399
                          HSTouch Enabled: False
                          Event Threads: 0
                          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                          Device Exec Queue: 0
                          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                          Email Send Queue: 0
                          Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
                          In Virtual Machine: No MFG: intel corporation
                          Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.17.0: BLAB8SS
                          2.0.66.0: BLOnkyo
                          3.0.0.33: Ecobee
                          3.0.1.12: ISYInsteon
                          1.0.0.7: Restart
                          3.0.7164.18799: UltraRachio3

Comment

Check task manager and kill the plugin if it's still running. Are you trying to upgrade from the 2.x version or is this a fresh install?

Comment

This was an upgrade from version 2. I once had the config page, pasted in the Ambient weather api key, saved. Then it failed several times, then ended up here. Gotcha- Windows Task manager shows only the other HSPI's running, not the Ambient one.

Comment

Working...
                              X