New version Devices don't work with MCSSprinklersP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version Devices don't work with MCSSprinklersP

Tried moving from 2.1.1.1 to the new Beta versions and ran into a strange thing. After recreating the Devices for AmbientWeather, I then pointed my sprinkler program to the appropriate device references for actual values - but was unable to get the values to read into the MCSSprinklerP system. It worked fine with 2.1.1.1 version - but I couldn't get the device values to show up with the rewritten Beta version. Went back to 2.1.1.1 and things are now working again. Thought you and Mike McSharry ought to know - the Ambient plugin is really good for local input into the irrigation system.
    Thanks
    Bruce Sanders

Interesting to know. I'm not sure what device you were using before. I didn't even know the two plugins would work together.

Comment

Most likely the other author is triggering on device type or something else that perhaps changed?

Comment

Such devices as rain, wind, et are what I believe the OP is referring to. I too use some of these for my weather setup information within mcsSprinklerP. Though they're just devices with status and strings... so not sure why that wouldn't work.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

mcsSprinklers does use the DeviceString. It strips off the HTML and looks for the first number. If the DeviceString was reformatted to put numerics toward the front then it would break the interface. mcsSprinklers also produces debug output when enabled that will show what HS devices are being processed . Key words in debug are "SensorChangeDC" and "UpdateInternalSensors". Generally the HS1/HS2 convention of DeviceCode is used to identify the device, but the user also has the ability to specify Device Reference to identify the device.

Comment

Michael, that would seem to explain why the 2.1.1.1 version works with mcsSprinklers. The devices created by AmbientWeather in the old version populate the string fields in the devices, while I believe the 3.x.x.x version does not. I just assumed the value fields were used. Live and learn. Thanks

Comment

I can update mcsSprinklers to use DeviceValue if DeviceString is empty. I believe DeviceString was used because in HS1 and HS2 the DeviceValue only held integers so fractional measurements such as rainfall did not work directly. With HS3 it is possible to store floating point, just a little bit harder to retrieve.

Comment

I put the mcsSprinklers update at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...9_11_0_HS3.zip. To use you will need both the HSPI...exe and MCSSPRINKLERS_2009.dll from the zip. I will submit to updater after you confirm it works for you as desired. I tested by using a virtual device, but should work just the same with a device created by a plugin.

Comment

Michael, this seems to work fine with the 3.0.1.1 Ambient weather plugin. Thanks for your help
                  Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  X