Device grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device grouping

Just downloaded the beta version tonight and the web socket control is not grouped with the rest of the ambient devices. Is this on purpose? I would prefer to have all ambient devices/controls grouped together.
    Michael

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    Just downloaded the beta version tonight and the web socket control is not grouped with the rest of the ambient devices. Is this on purpose? I would prefer to have all ambient devices/controls grouped together.
    That is on purpose because it is it's own Root device. All the others are grouped by PWS and the sensors/children of that PWS. I pushed to release last night. I'm removing the websocket in the next release anyways. It's caused too many problems. The current release has it disabled by default.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.
      Michael

Comment

Updated version has been submitted. It will not create the Websocket device. It's safe for you to delete it if you don't want it.

Comment

So just for clarity, with the new version sitting waiting for me to upgrade with, do I delete all the current 2.x plugin devices first?
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            So just for clarity, with the new version sitting waiting for me to upgrade with, do I delete all the current 2.x plugin devices first?
            You can if you want the display to be cleaner. Or you can run leave them until you've tested the new version. The devices won't conflict with each other. However since the plugin shares the same name you have to uninstall the first version before installing the new version. This is a limitation of keeping the same name and not charging for a new license.

Comment

Just updated. deleted old version. deleted devices. loaded new version. created devices. deleted websocket. values came in but are not matching the display. access interval set to 1 min. any ideas?

EDIT: Changing it from 5 min to 1 min helped get them closer. I know they are always changing so now they are much closer. All is good.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                Just updated. deleted old version. deleted devices. loaded new version. created devices. deleted websocket. values came in but are not matching the display. access interval set to 1 min. any ideas?

EDIT: Changing it from 5 min to 1 min helped get them closer. I know they are always changing so now they are much closer. All is good.
                They'll never match the display exactly.

Comment

Working...
                X