Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Rain Event" not updating

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    "Rain Event" not updating

    I recently moved and finally got my WS-2902A reinstalled just in time for today's rain. I updated to version 3.0.1.4 of the plug-in and all devices are updating except for "Rain Event". ("Rain Event" on ambientweather.net is updating correctly.)

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    #2
    Originally posted by cfischer View Post
    I recently moved and finally got my WS-2902A reinstalled just in time for today's rain. I updated to version 3.0.1.4 of the plug-in and all devices are updating except for "Rain Event". ("Rain Event" on ambientweather.net is updating correctly.)

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    V 3.x is not an upgrade and is a new install. So if you have your old devices still in place you may be looking at the wrong device? Otherwise I'll need to look into this a bit further to see if there's some issue with that particular device not updating.

    Comment


      #3
      I guess I misspoke when I said I "updated". When I downloaded and installed v3.0.1.4 I noticed that I had two sets of devices. I deleted the old devices from the prior version and kept the v3 devices.

      I've also tried deleting the v3 devices and letting the plug-in create the devices again, but still no rain event.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by cfischer View Post
        I guess I misspoke when I said I "updated". When I downloaded and installed v3.0.1.4 I noticed that I had two sets of devices. I deleted the old devices from the prior version and kept the v3 devices.

        I've also tried deleting the v3 devices and letting the plug-in create the devices again, but still no rain event.
        No rain event device? Is that the issue? Or the device is not updating?

        Comment


          #5
          The device is there, just no update.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	AWDevices.png
Views:	84
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1332429

          Comment


            #6
            What PWS system do you have? Some have the Rain Event and it's presented through the API and some do not. Some values are present on the AmbientWeather.Net dashboard that are "computed" server side and are not available via the API. I'll need to verify the PWS model against what the API is actually presenting.

            Comment


              #7
              What is Rain Event and how does it differ from daily rain?

              Mine is way out of wack from the daily rain...
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by langenet View Post
                What is Rain Event and how does it differ from daily rain?

                Mine is way out of wack from the daily rain...
                It's supposed to be amount (inches) from a single rain not just the day. Some PWS's report it and some don't. I'm not entirely sure of the accuracy of it either. I just checked my API output and my WS-1401 has that value in the API but my WS-2902 does not. It's not currently raining so the value I have is 0.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have the WS-2902A. I seem to recall the "Rain Event" device having a value in the prior version of the plug-in (but I could be mistaken...)

                  If it's not available in the API, I guess I could always write a script to calculate it (if I felt it was really necessary )

                  Thanks for the info!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by cfischer View Post
                    I have the WS-2902A. I seem to recall the "Rain Event" device having a value in the prior version of the plug-in (but I could be mistaken...)

                    If it's not available in the API, I guess I could always write a script to calculate it (if I felt it was really necessary )

                    Thanks for the info!
                    Rain Event is not available for the WS-2902 through the API. This is why it's not updating. Now a larger question is why was it created. I'll have to look into that.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X