downloading from AmbientWeather.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloading from AmbientWeather.net

I still haven't bought my replacement station as I'm researching this to death. My current WS-1080 plugs into my PC where I use Cumulus to gather data, save to a log file and upload to wunderground.com. The Jon00 Cumulus takes it from there to transfer to HS. All was well until the indoor display started yielding corrupted data. Now one part of the outdoor sensor array has also failed.

I joined ambientweather.net and got an API. Is it possible to download data from a different PWS close to me?

The only way I could get data from AmbientWeather was to use my own PWS!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

For now, I was able to setup ambientweather.net to email me when certain criteria are met by a nearby weather station, not my weather station.

Select another weather station to view then create an alert. I have one for wind and another for rain. I plan on writing an event to read the received email and adjust lawn watering and awning control accordingly. We'll see.

Comment

racerfern, good to know as my PWS only report temp + hum%.
        So if I need to ger the rain info I can get it from another station by email notification!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

You can from Ambientweather if who ever has the PWS station made their PWS public.

Comment

Working...
          X