Forecasting in the plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecasting in the plugin?

I was using WeatherXML with the Dark Sky (recently had problems with some changes that I haven't worked out yet) for forecasted highs and lows and such. I see that Ambient Weather .NET now has dark sky powered forecasts. Are those going to be made available so I can remove my other weather plugin and have everything I need in one?

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    I was using WeatherXML with the Dark Sky (recently had problems with some changes that I haven't worked out yet) for forecasted highs and lows and such. I see that Ambient Weather .NET now has dark sky powered forecasts. Are those going to be made available so I can remove my other weather plugin and have everything I need in one?
    +1 I would like to know this as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

Dark Sky has been bought by Apple. I wouldn't be looking for anything else from them unless you use your Apple Device to log into them. WeatherXML is under "new management" and they are looking at one or more replacements for Dark Sky.
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
          Dark Sky has been bought by Apple. I wouldn't be looking for anything else from them unless you use your Apple Device to log into them. WeatherXML is under "new management" and they are looking at one or more replacements for Dark Sky.
          Who has taken on the WeatherXML plugin? That is good news, however the options for free weather data is shrinking from what I’ve noticed so I wonder if I’ll have to get a weather station anyway....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Plugin's:

Comment

russr999 is the perpetrator! See:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...weather-plugin
            Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Are you saying that Dark Sky will soon be cutting ambient weather them off? I'm looking to not run several weather plug-ins and just pull forecasting from ambientweather.net along with my current weather station data.

Comment

Thank you for the link, somehow I seem to be missing some of these announcements! Looks like russr999 is doing a great job so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Plugin's:

Comment

Looks like Dark Sky is still providing ambient weather until Dec 2021 at which point ambient weather will find another solution. I'm still thinking its a good idea to have this plug-in pull that forecasting data.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but I have looked through the AmbientWeather API and I did not see that Forecasting was supported in the API. I only find access to a user's devices data. Now if you access the AmbientWeather.net website you can see forecast data

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

Are you saying that Dark Sky will soon be cutting ambient weather them off? I'm looking to not run several weather plug-ins and just pull forecasting from ambientweather.net along with my current weather station data.
                      Apparently, they are still honoring some of the commercial arrangements until the end of [whatever] agreement, but the average Joe has already been dumped. I have no idea what AmbientWeather will do..... but I'm in the same boat. Now, I just go look at Wunderground.
                      Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
                        Maybe I'm missing something but I have looked through the AmbientWeather API and I did not see that Forecasting was supported in the API. I only find access to a user's devices data. Now if you access the AmbientWeather.net website you can see forecast data
                        Your probley not missing anything, I have no info on what the API contains or not. I just know they added forecasting to their system some time ago and asked if it can be added into the plugin. Ofcourse the dev never responded back but with the info you just provided that probley should have been his response months ago. In which case all we can do is ask for it to be added to the API.

Comment

I just pulled this off of the AmbientWeather Web Site (https://help.ambientweather.net/help/api)

RESTful And Real-Time APIs:
                          Developers, retrieve your own real-time and historical personal weather station JSON formatted data, or build 3rd party apps and get data from multiple devices.

Nothing about forecasts

Comment

hi integlikewhoa / jim@beersman.com .... I can look at adding the AmbientWeather API into rnbWeather (eatherXL replacement) if you want? prob be a couple of weeks as Openweather (excellent service) is done, I' halfway through YR (free mservice by Norway met). Atfter that I have 3 more services to include one being weatherlink.
                            Do you want me to add AmbientWeather to y plan?
                            I haven't looked at the AmbientWeather API so don't know whats in it or how easy/hard it is!

Also, I've focused imediate development on HS4 and hoping to do HS3 version later but unsnure if HomeSeer will allow me to publish it as they will not acceptp any new HS3 plugins

Comment

Working...
                            X