Temperature Outdoor and Temperature Indoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature Outdoor and Temperature Indoor

I need to see the value of Temperature Outdoor and Temperature Indoor.

Device Temperature Indoor shows 0 degrees, which is labeled String in device. Value 75.2F shows in device.
    Device Temperature Outdoor shows 89.4 f, which is the value of in device. String in device is blank.

Walt Boudreaux

Ok. I might know what is going on, l'm trying to free up from work (13+ hour days all week), but I will make a note of this and look into it as soon as I can.

Comment

Thanks. No rush, I am working on several more things.

Comment

Never mind sirmeili, I am going to tackle outdoor and indoor temps another way..

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Boudreaux View Post
          Never mind sirmeili, I am going to tackle outdoor and indoor temps another way..
          Inquiring mindlets wanna know whut you did and how did it work out? I'd like to be able to have HS4 consider what the Ambient exterior temp was an hour ago, what it is now, and then have HS4 decide "we gotta blue norther" and it's time to change from AC to Heat and set the indoor RCS ZWave thermostat to a particular temperature depending on whether any motion detectors in the home have tripped within the last hour...or not. Maybe also would be good to know or take into consideration whether Ambient has the wind coming from the north (or say, within 20 degrees E/W of due north - say between 380 and 020 degrees North) ...

Comment

Stuff the temperature every (x minutes, hours, etc.) into a virtual device and use EasyTrigger to trigger based on the comparison of the current temperature to the saved value(s).
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_96458.png
Views:	177
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1440750Click image for larger version

Name:	0202.png
Views:	160
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1440755 so I just realized there are several iterations of Ambient Weatherstation, as I have an indoor system with multiple sensors, and an outdoor system. I think I have been barking up the wrong system, although there is also a delay of some indeterminant amount of time after the condition becomes true, but then (eventually) the event follows through. I am guessing it is the AW refresh rate...

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                Stuff the temperature every (x minutes, hours, etc.) into a virtual device and use EasyTrigger to trigger based on the comparison of the current temperature to the saved value(s).
                Pretend I'm a total newb (that would not be lying<G>) and don't have any knowledge or experience yet with "virtual devices", creating them, referring to, deriving from, etc., and I am guessing that EasyTrigger is a plugin? Any chance you can share an event that creates/uses/establishes the value from the AW plugin/refers to it?

Comment

Working...
                X