Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jim@beersman.com
    replied
    What console Firmware and WiFi Firmware version are you on?

My WS-2000 is on Pro_V1.6.4 with WiFi Firmware of V4.2.8

Leave a comment:

• JRose
    replied
    FYI - I thought I would try this with the 2902C console but have not been able to get the Ecowitt app to connect to it.

Leave a comment:

• jim@beersman.com
    started a topic WS-2000 Console Hidden Feature

WS-2000 Console Hidden Feature

I'm not sure when this was added but found it after updating the firmware on my WS-2000. The ability to have the console send data locally not just to AmbientWeather.net and WeatherUnderground. This option may also be available on other newer consoles I don't know.

I thought it might be a nice feature to add to the Ambient Weather Plugin in place of screen scrapping the ObserverIP device option for Local Data.

This console is actually made by a company called Fine Offset who also makes the Ecowitt Devices. If you download the Ecowitt Phone APP (WS View) you can see the WS-2000 Ambientweather console. If you select the WS-2000, which shows as AMBWeather-WIFIXXXX (XXXX= last 4 digits of MAC address) from the device list you will see the Upload configuration screen. Press Next button 3 times and you will see the Customized screen. You can enter the IP and PORT of where you would like the console to send the weather data.

I wrote a listener application which I use for my Ecowitt devices and it can also receive the Ambientweather console data as well. Just a simple tcpip listener to MQTT.

Thought you might be interested to know about this.

I have not found anyway to access the custom setting from the Console or the AWnet phone app, just the WS View APP
Working...
X