WS-1550-IP vs. WS-2902C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS-1550-IP vs. WS-2902C

I have been using the 1550 at my house with the ObserverIP for awhile and all is good. I personally don't want or use a screen inside the house I have homeseer and mobile devices to check the data.

I'm looking to by my father a weather station for his house that has Homeseer also.

My question is the 1550 that i have with no screen is like 170.00 right now

The WS-2902C on amazon is 135.00 with a screen and plugin compatibility.

Seems like both will work with the plugin and not sure why the ObserverIP option is so much more then the screen option.

What is the positive and negative of choosing one over the other?

Local IP connection with faster updates I'm assuming with the ObserverIP?

How fast does the 2902-C update to the Anbientweather network? I see it says updates every 16sec but I'm assuming that mean local screen not online?

Thanks,
    JIM

I have the 1550-IP. Like you, I don't need another screen around as well. I wanted local weather info so opted for the OIP. The Ambient weather plugin had a recommended limitation on the API update frequency. I can't remember what was recommended, but my API access is set to 5 minutes while my OIP access is every 00:01:30. This setting is good enough for me and my updates to HSTouch.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
    X