Just received this as a weather alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received this as a weather alert

Not sure if this is an issue. I received the following as a weather alert.

-----------------------------

This feed will be redirected starting or shortly after Jan. 18th, 2011

The NWS CAP 1.0 alerts feeds will be replaced on or shortly after Jan 18, 2011. The feeds will be redirected to CAP 1.1 that are currently hosted at http://www.weather.gov/alerts-beta/.

I'm looking for an answer on this also.

Comment

I don't think this is associated with BLWeather though, so you may have posted this in the wrong forum. I've got BLWeather, and don't get any alerts. I certainly haven't gotten any message like what you did.

Is this from the weather alerts script that was posted long ago?

Steve

Comment

I use BLWeather, UltraweatherBug and Weather XML and I got no such message so I'm going to assume it didn't come from any of those.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I also got the message. Looks like it comes from "US Weather Warnings" which according to the HS Updater, is a script.

Comment

This has been occurring for several days now. If you use the weather warnings script or some other weather script which accesses this feed:

http://www.weather.gov/alerts/wwarssget.php?zone=

you may have to change the script. The new URL would be something like (probably without the -beta):

http://www.weather.gov/alerts-beta/wwaatmget.php?x=

in both cases your zone would be at the end.

Obviously there are a bunch of different weather scripts. It's hard to say if all of them will handle parsing data from an URL redirect which is probably what will happen after that date when they move to the new permanent URL. If not, you'll need to change it to point to the new link.

I'm not sure what this particular plug-in does or how it works, but that is why you are seeing that message. Basically they are going to begin using a new URL for weather alerts. I needed to change the parsing routine in weather warnings so I wasn't constantly hearing that message as a "warning".

Comment

I havent yet been able to make the new URL work.. i can get the human readableform with my browser but havent gotten it to work in the script..

is there another program i can use to get weather warnings other than the old weather warnings script? im not looking for fancy forecasts.. just simply the severe warnings...

-Christopher
              PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I use Ultra's WeatherBug plug-in for some weather stats and it also does a very nice job of alerts.
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
                  I havent yet been able to make the new URL work.. i can get the human readableform with my browser but havent gotten it to work in the script..

is there another program i can use to get weather warnings other than the old weather warnings script? im not looking for fancy forecasts.. just simply the severe warnings...

-Christopher
                  Me either, looks like it will be a bit more involved than just changing the url. The format has changed so will the way the script parses the xml

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                    I use Ultra's WeatherBug plug-in for some weather stats and it also does a very nice job of alerts.
                    do I have to have weatherbug running on my machine? I really detest that piece of spyware.. can i run ultra's plugin without weatherbug?
                    -Christopher
                    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
                      do I have to have weatherbug running on my machine? I really detest that piece of spyware.. can i run ultra's plugin without weatherbug?
                      -Christopher
                      Sure, I don't run the actual weatherbug software.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

Is anyone working on updating the old script?

Hi from West Texas!

I've used the Weather Warning script for a number of years and it has worked well for me. I have it not only announce warnings but bring up a page on MainLobby.

Is anyone working on updating the old script to work with the new NWS format?

Tony

Comment

It looks like the script came from Homeseer direct -according to the updater?

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                            It looks like the script came from Homeseer direct -according to the updater?
                            Here are the first few lines of the script showing the authors. I altered the emails.

'Version 2.3 Created by Tom Caldwell (ttom@XXXXXXX.net)
                            'Version 2.4 modified by Frank J. Perricone (Hunter Green, hawthorn@XXXXXXX.com)

Comment

I sent an email to them to see if they are looking at it. If not, I will start to dig in.

Comment

Working...
                              X