No announcement yet.

Announce Forecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good, cause i've been looking at it and had absolutly no idea. It very well could have done the same thing before but since I only use it in the mornings as part of a wake up routine I would never have heard it announced at night.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Ok, I think I fixed it (reposted, at the top of the thread). I should probably get BLRandom so I can test this out before posting....

On the VR: Like others, I tried VR and got pretty disenchanted. Funny thing is, this script seems to be the only VR thing I've tried that triggers exactly right almost every time. I've got a mic in our great room, and it is pretty cool (and actually handy) to go up and say "What is the forecast for Wednesday?" and have it promptly read back the right thing.

Steve

Comment

I took a shot a while ago at VR. I had wired the house for mic's in each room back to the panel but after testing it only worked when there was absolute quiet, something that never ever happens around here.

Will test the script and get back to you.

That one worked very nicely. Anyone using this, with or without BLRandom owes you.

BTW if you use anything beyond just a weather forecast as an announcement you should give BLRandom a shot, it's made a world of difference, not only in how it sounds but in the family paying attention to the announcements. People tend to tune out things they get used to hearing, BLRandom helps to solve that.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

What are some of the phrases you guys use for the "Weather Prelude"?

Comment

Does anyone's pronounce "Wind" as "Whined", like "I need to wind the clock"?

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
              What are some of the phrases you guys use for the "Weather Prelude"?
              Here are the ones i've put in so far. I use this as part of a morning routine. If I also used it as something I manually called for I would be tempted to change them a bit.

and now for the weather forecast
              and now the weather
              forget those hacks on T.V. here's the real forecast
              I know you've been waiting for this so here's the weather
              in case you wanted to know, here's the weather forcast
              the weather forecast is
              this mornings weather forecast brought to you by kate
              before you get dressed here's the weather forecast
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                Does anyone's pronounce "Wind" as "Whined", like "I need to wind the clock"?
                I haven't noticed that no. What I do know is that every voice and speech engine does things a little differently. What gets pronounced correctly for one voice can be awful in another and vice versa. I use the dictionary in BLSpeech for things that I have to straighten out that are across the board wrong, normally it's names that get really screwed up.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                  I haven't noticed that no. What I do know is that every voice and speech engine does things a little differently. What gets pronounced correctly for one voice can be awful in another and vice versa. I use the dictionary in BLSpeech for things that I have to straighten out that are across the board wrong, normally it's names that get really screwed up.
                  FYI: I just added the word "The " in front of the 2 phrases that stared with the word "wind" and it works now.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

I just installed scripts and it reads out everything fine, but I am not getting any local information. Where am I missing the place to put in a zip code or some type of information like that?
                    Thanks, it looks like another great program by BLade
                    danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                      I just installed scripts and it reads out everything fine, but I am not getting any local information. Where am I missing the place to put in a zip code or some type of information like that?
                      Thanks, it looks like another great program by BLade
                      I assume you're talking about the plug-in since the script is reading from data already collected from the plug-in. If you go to the plugin you'll see a tab for location there. That's where you can enter your locations or other locations as well.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

just call me stupid, but I didnt see a plug-in. Where would that be located.
                        Thanks for your fast reply. I am having a lot of problems with homeseer right now. I lost all my weather programs.
                        danielbo

Comment

well that would explain it.

You can get BLWeather either from the updater or at Bob's site directly if you don't have it already, if you do have it maybe it needs to be reinstalled if it's not listed and/or enabled under your interfaces tab in setup.
                          Marty
                          ------

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo
                            Is anyone else getting the error message " did not capture the tempture" I have had this for a couple of days now.
                            Daniel,

Are you now talking about the BLWeather plug-in? If you're still talking about the other one, you are posting in the wrong forum.

Steve

Comment

your right, I am using ultra weather bug. I would like to down load the plugin for blades. Could you give me the link for it? I looked in the updater and couldnt find it.
                              Thanks and sorry for the confussion!
                              danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                                your right, I am using ultra weather bug. I would like to down load the plugin for blades. Could you give me the link for it? I looked in the updater and couldnt find it.
                                Thanks and sorry for the confussion!
                                I'm not in a position to get to the updater but you can find it here on Blades site. UltraWeatherBug does a very nice job of Weather Alerts as long as you already have it.
                                Marty
                                ------

Comment

Working...
                                X