Weather Channel XML feed going away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Channel XML feed going away

I saw on Cocoontech that Weather Channel's XML feed is going subscription (at $20/mo).What's going to happen to BLWeather?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

It may be the end then because I do not even use it myself as I use WeatherLobby in MainLobby for my weather.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Oh my! This is not good news at all.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

say its not so. i really use this plugin in my events....

-Tom-
        -Tom-

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
          say its not so. i really use this plugin in my events....

-Tom-
          Me too...

Comment

If Bob isn't going to support this plugin any longer then you guys may want to check out the new WeatherXML plugin by Jeff Farmer. It should be in the HomeSeer updater as soon as the store is back up from the power outtage.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I would need to find another source to get the information that is free. I am not going to pay for a weather service to test the plugin because I already own the WeatherLobby plugin for MainLobby that does all my weather for me.

If someone can find another weather source that provides the same information then let me know
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Where does WeatherLobby get it's data from, Maybe you can utilize the same data feed?
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Bob, there's a discussion over on cocoontech about this very thing. There were at least one api, xml feed that were mentioned here.
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

I currently use the Weather Channel xml feed

I will have a look and see what can be easily implemented
                    I am off Thursday and Friday this week so I hope I can fix it up by the weekend
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

It looks like the feed was shutdown yesterday evening. There are no errors indicated, but everything is stuck at the same values since about 4pm of 11/16/2011.

Comment

mine stopped around 5pm yesterday too.
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

Hi Bob:

I thought I'd pose this question since the plug-in is no longer functioning due to changing weather feeds. I'm wondering if you have decided on a path back to functionality or a path to the trash?

I personally hope it can resurrected but I'll understand if it's end of life time. I and I'm sure the other users are wondering which way to go, hold and hope or start looking for something that can replace all the devices that were provided by BLWeather making it extremely easy to integrate into most any UI that was being used.
                          Marty
                          ------

Comment

I do plan to change it but I just have not had the time to invest yet.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Very good news, I shall wait patiently till you have time to invest.
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X