Removing BLWeather Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing BLWeather Procedure

Wondering about the easiest way to remove BLWeather?

Curious is it just:

1 - remove INI
    2 - remove DLL
    3 - \bin\blweather
    4 - \html\blweather
    5 - \images\blweather

Am I missing anything?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

There should be an uninstall for it under the bin folder somewhere
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks Bob.

Would it be better to run the uninstall with HS running or not running?

I have the plugin disabled at this time.

Answering my own question; just ran the uninstall with Homeseer running and it states that HS should be off.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Shutdown HS before doing it.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Done. Just one leftover file; debug txt file which I deleted manually.

Thank you Bob!
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

No problem.
            I plan to update the plugin. I just need more time to get things done. We are in middle of closing on a condo in Florida which we are going to stay in for 3 weeks next Thursday. It closes on Jan 31. Our retirement for the future.

Busy Busy Busy.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Thank you Bob.

Where abouts in FL is the condo?
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Port Charlotte, FL
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Nice area Bob. Have a nice vacation!
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I ran the uninstall. When I restarted HS all of the 136 BL weather devices were still there. Do I have to manually delete them? What is the best way?

I also get six error messages in the HS log upon restart. Not sure why it would be looking for these image files.

Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/images/BLWeather/icons/31x31/30.png

It appears the uninstall removed all the files and directories Pete mentioned. I also don't see it on the Plug-In Interfaces page anymore.

Thanks.

Comment

The devices are still looking for the images. When you delete the devices and reboot all should be well.

I keep hoping Bob will revamp this plug-in, he keeps saying maybe so I've left everything still in place.
                      Marty
                      ------
                      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

OK, got it all done cleanly.

To remove the 136 devices easily go to the devices web page, on the left click all 136 check boxes for the BL Weather devices, then at the bottom of the web page in the group action box select Delete Selected Devices.

I know someone who says he did this one device at a time .

This also stopped the log error messages looking for image files.

I liked the plugin while it lasted...

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X