Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No decimals on Linux

Hi!

I am currently testing this plugin on both Windows and Linux. On Windows all seems fine, but on Linux the decimals are missing on all values. See screenshots below, left is Windows, right is Linux.

Note that my regional settings on both platform are configured for The Netherlands, were we use a comma as decimal separator.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    stefxx

Anyone? Is this plugin still supported? I need to make sure it is working properly before I can decide on a purchase...

Thanks again!
    stefxx

Comment

I am sorry for the delay. I need some more information from you before I can attempt to duplicate this issue. Are you using your own Linux build or the HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL? Did you set the regional settings in the Netatmo application or within Linux (or both)? If you changed the regional settings within Linux, what exactly did you change?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

stefxx

Comment

Any thoughts already?

Thanks!
          stefxx

Comment

I have 10 days left on the trial...
            stefxx

Comment

Hello stefxx,

I used the settings you provided and I am unable to get it to switch away from using a period as a decimal separator. I am not sure what else to try. I am not that familiar with having to change international settings
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sorry, not sure what you mean by "unable to get it to switch away from using a period as a decimal separator". Are you saying you cannot get the system to change locale, or that HomeSeer does not switch from a period to a comma, or that you do not see the issue with the plugin?
                stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                  Sorry, not sure what you mean by "unable to get it to switch away from using a period as a decimal separator". Are you saying you cannot get the system to change locale, or that HomeSeer does not switch from a period to a comma, or that you do not see the issue with the plugin?
                  Sorry for the confusion. I mean I am unable to get it to change locale so that a comma is displayed for the decimal separator. Any other suggestions? I am using the HomeTrollerZeeS2V2.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Does this help? It is about displaying 24 Hour time but should also change the decimals to a comma (if you choose a language other then US or GB, for instance Norwegian as in U5tabil's example.

https://board.homeseer.com/showthrea...id=8&styleid=1
                    stefxx

Comment

I followed those instructions, and it's working great (see screenshot). The contents of my autostart_hs file is as follows:

Code:
                      homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:~ $ cd /usr/local/HomeSeer/
                      homeseer@HomeTrollerZeeS2V2:/usr/local/HomeSeer $ cat autostart_hs
                      #!/bin/sh
                      export LANG="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LANGUAGE="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_CTYPE="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_NUMERIC="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_TIME="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_COLLATE="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_MONETARY="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_MESSAGES="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_PAPER="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_NAME="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_ADDRESS="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_TELEPHONE="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_MEASUREMENT="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_IDENTIFICATION="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      export LC_ALL="nl_NL.UTF-8"
                      cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                      mono HSConsole.exe
                      Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for your testing. In the meantime, I tried every combination of US/Metric settings (on the Netatmo account), Celsius/Fahrenheit (in HS3 setup) and US/Metric setup in the plugin. None worked

So it must be something else. What else could be causing this? Mono version perhaps? I still use 3.12 until there is an upgrade path to Mono 4 that doesn't break the event triggers...

Thanks again.
                        stefxx

Comment

Found it. Mono version is causing the issue. I took a few hours to upgrade to mono 4.8 and the issue was resolved immediately.

However, as upgrading means I loose all event triggers (of 200 events!) this is not an option until HomeSeer has a resolution for this.

Also, I do not have this issue with any other plugins. I would appreciate if you could see what could be changed to workaround this.

Thanks!
                          stefxx

Comment

Hi Ultrajones,

Are you planning on a fix for Mono 3 users? My trail is expired and I can't justify a purchase without this fix. It might be months or more (or never) before HomeSeer gives us an upgrade path from Mono 3 to Mono 4...

Thanks!
                            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                              Hi Ultrajones,

Are you planning on a fix for Mono 3 users? My trail is expired and I can't justify a purchase without this fix. It might be months or more (or never) before HomeSeer gives us an upgrade path from Mono 3 to Mono 4...

Thanks!
                              Hi Stefxx,

I am sorry, but I have no plans on trying to resolve the issue you reported for mono3 considering it is working on mono4. My plug-in binary and underlying code does not target a specific mono version (unlike the .NET framework). I am sorry, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X