Weather Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Alerts

I'm on a trial with the UltraNetAtmo3 plug-in, but I have a couple of questions with regards to the "Weather Alerts" item.

This element doesn't seem to be updating. It's currently set to "2 Alerts", and has been that way since the plus-in was installed. The last updated field shows that, indeed, it has not updated since install. There doesn't seem to be a setup item related to this element, either? Just wondering when, how or why this element would update. There really aren't two alerts on my NetAtmo account for my location .. at least as far as I am aware.

My interest in this element is based on a desire to get a Text-to-Speech notification if an when the value increments - that is, I only want to get notified if a *New* alert comes in. This gets me to my second question ... I'm trying to figure out the best way to set an Event for this requirement. Currently, I'm checking the elements "Weather Alerts" field ... but I'm really not sure how to check on the fact that it has increased from what it was previously. The only options that I have on that field are "(Enter a Custom Value or Range)", "(Set to 'Any Value')", "An Invalid or Error State" and "(value) Alerts". Any suggestion on this?

Attached is a view of the Event configuration.
    Attached Files

I never finished the alerts section because it's not part of the Netatmo API. In the US, the alerts contain the following data.

Code:
    [B]begin[/B]	1424369760	Long
    [B]descr[/B]	"...DANGEROUSLY COLD WIND CHILLS THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING... ...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST FRIDAY... ...WIND CHILL WARNING IS CANCELLED... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST FRIDAY. THE WIND CHILL WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED."	String
    [B]end[/B]	1424444400	Long
    [B]level[/B]	1	Integer
    [B]origin[/B]	"NOAA"	String
    [B]status[/B]	"new"	String
    [B]text_field[/B]	"Wind Chill Advisory issued February 19 at 1:16PM EST until February 19 at 5:00PM EST by NWS"	String
    [B]threshold[/B]	"Minor"	String
    [B]time_generated[/B]	1424370052	Long
    [B]title[/B]	"NOAA weather alert"	String
    [B]type[/B]	"ALARM_WIND"	String
    [B]url[/B]	"http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwacapget.php?x=MI125396A80E20.WindChillAdvisory.125396B6D4F0MI.DTXWSWDTX.67c6e96d28aecb77bc60349f9bba0830"	String
    I couldn't determine if other countries used the same format. If I can identify someone outside the US that uses this plug-in, then I would be happy to try to add this to the plug-in.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I guess my ask was not to extract the text from the message. Just be able to get a notification that a new alert has been issued.

Once I know that a new alert has been identified. I would then head off to get the details manually.

Currently the item has a "value" of 2. But it's been that way since install.

So I guess the question is, does the plug-in currently not even update this value? I'm assuming that you are getting that from the NetAtmo API? Otherwise how did it ever get set in the first instance?
      Attached Files

Comment

I added logic to only count an alert if it is not expired. Please download and try UltraNetatmo3 HSPI version 3.0.5539.36926 to see if it solves the issue you reported.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Just updated to 3.0.5539.37244 ... that was the release available. That seemed to clear the old count of alerts. I guess I will have to wait until a new alert comes in.

Thanks for the response.
          Tx

Comment

Working...
          X