Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind sensor does not show direction or speed (yet?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind sensor does not show direction or speed (yet?)

Hello,

At first, great plugin! Just bought (and maxed out) my Netatmo setup with all possible modules, including rain and wind sensor.

All modules are perfectly picked-up within HS3, except the wind sensor is not showing any wind-direction nor speed readings.

Not sure if this 'still to be developed' of if this should work. Restarted plug-in which picked-up all the new modules, including the wind sensor.

Using HS3.0.0.208 with Netatmo plugin 3.0.5579.17363.

(Added) BTW, the wind sensor is created as a root device, but shows battery level, last update and RF status but not wind speed and direction.

Feedback appreciated,
    Roel
    Last edited by rovinge; January 17, 2016, 05:20 PM. Reason: Additional info

I can almost guarantee you that the problem is that the wind gauge is not yet supported by the plug-in, for the very simple reason that the wind gauge is still very, very difficult to acquire, and I doubt Ultra has one yet. So you'll probably have to what until he gets his.

Which begs the question -- where did you get yours? They're not yet available on Amazon or on Netatmo's store in North America (nor in the UK). I believe that they are available from Amazon in Germany.

If you look at Netatmo's Facebook page, a lot of people are miffed (myself included) that this product, announced more than a year ago, has yet to ship in numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
      - where did you get yours?
      Got mine from a local Netherland's online shop specialized in weather; was just available, despite being all the notifications on hard to get.

I understand if this is not supported yet, so I hope Ultra can get one on the very short term...

Roel

Comment

Originally posted by rovinge View Post
        Got mine from a local Netherland's online shop specialized in weather; was just available, despite being all the notifications on hard to get.

I understand if this is not supported yet, so I hope Ultra can get one on the very short term...

Roel
        I'm not sure where Ultra is located, but for some reason thought it was North America. Hopefully they'll be available soon on this side of the pond.

Comment

I just received mine today. I am currently making updates to support the wind sensor.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
          X