Weather Alert Trigger Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Alert Trigger Question

I setup an event to trigger the sending of an email in the event a weather alert is issued. I set it up a few weeks ago and have been a little busy with other things and haven't checked up on it until now.

For some reason it's not firing the event when an alert is issued. Today I had a little time to play with it but I can't find any reason why the event would not fire. The alert was issued, I have it set to any alert in the event.

I've included a snapshot of both todays alert and the event. As you can see the event has never fired in the few weeks it's been there.

Any thoughts or things I can look at to diagnose the trouble?
    Attached Files
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

bump
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Sorry, I missed your post. I'll look into this.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you, it's much appreciated! Anything I can do or tests you need done I'm at your disposal.
        Marty
        ------

Comment

Marty & Ultrajones,

FYI I see the same behavior.

I was wondering if either:
          1. We could get a device that indicated the alert status (including None), OR
          2. We could include None as an option in the trigger

Either of these would allow us to trigger when the alert was ended.

Regards,
          Vector

Comment

Ultra said he was going to check out the problem, I took him at his word and have been quietly waiting for a fix.

It's a pretty good idea about a device that turns on or off depending on the alert status.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

I checked that section of code today and didn't see anything obvious. I'll look on Weather Bug to see if I can find a part of the country that has an active alert so I can test it.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Oops. My bad. I wasn't checking for "Any". Will fix and post an update tonight or tomorrow morning.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

I just uploaded UltraWeatherBug HSPI version 1.0.3632.33661 which fixes the "Any" Weather Alerts HomeSeer trigger.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    I just uploaded UltraWeatherBug HSPI version 1.0.3632.33661 which fixes the "Any" Weather Alerts HomeSeer trigger.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Excellent news, thanks!
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

I got my first ever weather alert this morning. Worked great, thanks for the fix!
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

Ultra:

Quick question I can't seem to find in the help file. Is there a way to send to multiple email recipients at once?
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

Marty,
                          I am still not getting Alert messages. I have updated to 33661. Does the Alert trigger only when the Alert is first issued?

I have it set to trigger on Any. I have tested the email portion by triggering manually when an Alert is active, and it sends the correct Alert email. It is just the trigger that is not working.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                            Marty,
                            I am still not getting Alert messages. I have updated to 33661. Does the Alert trigger only when the Alert is first issued?

I have it set to trigger on Any. I have tested the email portion by triggering manually when an Alert is active, and it sends the correct Alert email. It is just the trigger that is not working.

I have a feeling it's not 100% yet. Since I got that first alert and it triggered fine there has been one other that did not fire.

I also have it set to "any"

I have set up another couple of test events that trigger on warning or watch advisory etc, just to see if it's maybe the ANY that is having trouble.

It looks to me like it only triggers when the alert is issued and that's fine I can deal with it there and turn on a virtual or something that will repeat the message when we're at home to hear it.
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                              Marty,

Correct. The alert only triggers when it is first detected.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X